Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have another question. Today I went to my local Dodge Deal to check on the status of the SCAT Packages (are they coming, are they available for my Shaker 5.7 Hemi, how much will they will cost). Well, I got no answers or information from the Service Department or the Parts Department. Both Departments said that they have never heard of a SCAT Pack. They wanted to know what internet site I was looking at.

Anyway, that's not my question just my disappointing description of what happened at my local Dodge dealer when trying to get information on the SCAT Packages.

So, after being disappointed I went outside and looked at there Challenger they had for sale on the lot and something occurred to me. All of the R/T's and all of the SRT's all had a badge or emblem someplace...usually in the front grill. My 2014 Shaker does not. In fact, it has no R/T symbol anywhere. It has Shaker emblems everywhere...even stitched in the front seats and HEMI on the sides but no R/T anywhere.

Is the 2014 Challenger Shaker an R/T model too with a Shaker intake or is it a separate model? And if it is an R/T why no badge or emblems denoting it's an R/T? I'm just curious.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Moving this thread to the new "Shaker" section..................

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "Shaker" section?!? I did not know that we had a section on this site devoted to the Shaker Challengers. I hope it is easy to find. I'm going to do a search on the word Shaker and hope I find the section.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
The "Shaker" section?!? I did not know that we had a section on this site devoted to the Shaker Challengers. I hope it is easy to find. I'm going to do a search on the word Shaker and hope I find the section.
You are in the Shaker forum. :Hey:

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts
The Scat Pack packages have been covered in Depth in the Mopar mag. that should be available in your parts dept. All three levels are available for the shaker car ( the cold ais\r of course is not as we allready have a better system on our cars. If you kept your Window sticker then your Challenger is in fact listed as an RT. The Shaker package was the option. While there has been some debate I think it is based on the RT model (or plus if you like). It is not based on the RT Classic as we do not have HID as standard equipment. The Mopar Mag. with the limited edition 2014 MOPAR Shaker has the most info o the Scat Pack options. Hope this helps. BTW what is your build number?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Has anyone made replacement "tubes" for the air cleaners yet?

·
Registered
141 Posts
My 2014 Shaker is the same way. No R/T emblems anywhere. I do have the window sticker and it just says Challenger R/T Shaker. I thought it was based off the Classic but it does not say that. I thought perhaps they forgot to put the R/T on the front grill?

In any event the plum crazy pearl, 6 spd nav gets attention where ever it goes!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2014 Shaker is the same way. No R/T emblems anywhere. I do have the window sticker and it just says Challenger R/T Shaker. I thought it was based off the Classic but it does not say that. I thought perhaps they forgot to put the R/T on the front grill?

mine has a R/T emblem it was in the trunk with a mopar car cover. it is larger than the others that i have seen i discovered it about a week ago not sure if this is something the dealership had planned on putting on themselves or what but even without it these cars are Shaker/R/T and my 2013 Classic R/T that i traded in did not have the R/T badge on the front either but other cars on the lot did. I say just order the badge and put it on yourself but here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Challenger943...Interesting. I'll check my trunk again but the only thing I found in the trunk was the plastic front plate bracket. I did not install the one they gave me. I bought a hide-a-plate that does not need holes drilled in the front of the car. I wonder if other 2014 Shaker owners know to look for the R/T emblem in the trunk.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Challenger943...Interesting. I'll check my trunk again but the only thing I found in the trunk was the plastic front plate bracket. I did not install the one they gave me. I bought a hide-a-plate that does not need holes drilled in the front of the car. I wonder if other 2014 Shaker owners know to look for the R/T emblem in the trunk.
mine is not installed either they did not want to drill the holes and neither do I where can i get the hide-a-plate is this online or through one of forums vendors

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the one on line. I bought the manual one. It came within a week and it does what its supposed to do. I'm happy with the hide-a-plate. Oh, and it only cost around $60 dollars.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Whats a hide a plate look like? Got pics?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Whats a hide a plate look like? Got pics?
i found them on amazon haven't got mine yet once i get it i will post pics i have read reviews that some folks did not like them because of the ground clearance but those were on mustangs no negative feedback from dodge owners.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did see one, 80 bucks for it, I'll pass.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Guys, I was at Carlisle this past weekend and i got to speak with Greg Martin. He was able to reach out on my behalf to the Scat Pack group and confirmed that we will not be getting any type of credit for already having a CAI installed with our 2014 Shakers if we get the Stage 1 Scat Pack installed. Its a bummer but more or less expected.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay...so no break on the Stage 1 even though the Shaker editions already have the air intake. But, when will the Scat Packages be available?!?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rt emblems

This is Mopar BS I also have a Shaker with no RT Badge. If you go to Dodge.com put build & price, (click) 2014 challenger (click) rt shaker (click) view standard features and go to ADDITIONAL FEATURES there you will see R/T Badge this is what all Shakers have as STAMDARD FEATURES.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a question about the air box which houses the CAI filter on the factory shaker units. Has everyone noticed there is a cut out hole in the side facing the radiator? Also the underhood rubber seal is notched out towards the front of the car. Why would they not have a tight seal against the underside of the hood and have 100% of the air drawn in from the Shaker intake? Has anyone seen any info on this?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts