1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
August 8th.
See you @ the clubhouse.
Hi Sharon,

I was looking at your pictures. Have you driven the SRT Viper at an SRT T.E. event before? :SHOCKED: How did it feel compared to your SRT Core? :smileup:

Looking at the picture of the 4 lanes with tree lights, did you do the quarter mile drag racing at that track at an SRT T.E event also? :wow: :4-wavey:

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Core is still to young to run. Only 452 miles.
This was my reply the Coolbreeze thread..The Day You Bought Your Challenger...
The Viper Club of America has been holding a bi-annual gathering called the Viper Owners Invitational. It’s a weekend of cruzing, learning how to drive at speed, racing against the clock, and meeting with like minded folks. The 2012 Invitational was held in the NASCAR heartland, Charlotte, NC. The Invitational is co-sponsored by Dodge/SRT and SRT takes advantage of the gathering to highlight current and upcoming models. SRT brought the full line up for anyone in attendance to TEST DRIVE. I’m not kidding when I say TEST DRIVE. When the driver’s seat is empty, you could get in the car and use it. Take a Hemi Charger in to town. Take a Hemi Grand Cherokee auto-crossing. Find an instructor and take a Hemi 300 on the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The exception was the four preproduction 2013 Vipers. Those could be driven as hard as you wanted, but only on a predefined course within a large parking lot. Interchange cars and uses as you would like. Finally, my favorite, take a Hemi Challenger down the Z-Max drag strip. I had to try drag racing. I had never been drag racing before. A white 300 was waiting so I grabbed my husband’s helmet and jumped in. I looked around. No one told me no. In fact after 2 minutes it seemed everyone around was prompting me to GO. I pulled the car forward, got some instructions through the window, and staged the car. My instructor triggered the tree and yelled go just before the green light. I managed 13.39 even though I had let off when I felt, ’that was fast enough.’ I drove back to side lot where I got in the car. There were two cars waiting, but no drivers. I had my choice of the 300 I already had driven, a red Charger, and a beautiful silver Challenger with black stripes. I picked the prettiest one and ran it down the strip four times. Besides the fun and the car itself, the thing that impressed me was, RELIABILITY. These SRT’s had been beaten by all kinds of rental drivers, all weekend, in the heat, and none had failed. SRT had only change brakes and tires. SRT take note: VOI sold this car.
See my photo album for pictures of VOI 2012 http://challengerforumz.com/album.php?albumid=1276

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.