Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
how do I know about auto ride height....? What would tell me that my car has it I mean?
It might be worth checking with your dealer, or someone here might know. As your vehicle has the SS Group pack, it has "performance tuned" suspension, but I can't seem to find exactly what that is, it might just be stiffer springs.

From what I have read, the name of the self levelling shocks is Nivomat, have a look to see if yours has that written on them (rear shocks).

Apologies that I couldn't be more specific.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be worth checking with your dealer, or someone here might know. As your vehicle has the SS Group pack, it has "performance tuned" suspension, but I can't seem to find exactly what that is, it might just be stiffer springs.

From what I have read, the name of the self levelling shocks is Nivomat, have a look to see if yours has that written on them (rear shocks).

Apologies that I couldn't be more specific.
I have not looked.....this is like my bike forum...LOL..... Im just learning now.... I will look and or ask the dealer...I really appreciate the help..... car mods are new to me.... but I cant leave anything stock!..... both bikes are modded to the gills....need a new project.....enter 2014 Challenger!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try Hotchkis, I have their TVS setup in mine and I installed them on my buddies SXT..
thanks...looking them up right now.....leaning real heavily towards Mopar Stage 1.... but I wanna make sure I look at all available options before I just buy anything

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
thanks...looking them up right now.....leaning real heavily towards Mopar Stage 1.... but I wanna make sure I look at all available options before I just buy anything
I have done the stage 1 springs before, I had them on my 06 Daytona.. I was very happy with them.. I just wanted my Challenger to sit a little lower..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have done the stage 1 springs before, I had them on my 06 Daytona.. I was very happy with them.. I just wanted my Challenger to sit a little lower..

Im afraid if I go lower it more than the stage 1s it will be lower than I need it....just looking for a good look....gotta keep in mind...Im a 40 year old officer for the Sheriffs Office.... still gotta keep it looking ok if the Capt sees it...lol

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Im afraid if I go lower it more than the stage 1s it will be lower than I need it....just looking for a good look....gotta keep in mind...Im a 40 year old officer for the Sheriffs Office.... still gotta keep it looking ok if the Capt sees it...lol
Sounds like the Stage 1 Springs will be just what you are looking for..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think your right.... now just gotta find the right deal on the stage 1 kit...... do you know who has the best price? Found a link on another forum to Luke at Steve White Parts for $206 plus shipping....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Challenger sxt lowering springs???

I think your right.... now just gotta find the right deal on the stage 1 kit...... do you know who has the best price? Found a link on another forum to Luke at Steve White Parts for $206 plus shipping....
Did you proceed with the stage 1 kit? If so, how did everything turn out? Desperately looking to lower my 2014 challenger sxt. Stage 1 might be what i need due to the fact that i have it sitting on 22" rims. Hope all is well, thanks in advance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gizmo0..... I did go with Mopar Stage 1..... had to buy different rear shocks.... but it is soo of worth the money....I think it looks awesome......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had Nivomat rear shocks....load leveling ....they would not allow me to lower the rear.....I ordered my springs off of Ebay...but they were from a Dodge dealership.......so when I ran into the lowering problem I called them direct and gave them my VIN number.....they researched it through Dodge and found that I had Nivomats.......so he ordered me the Sachs Touring shocks for replacement at $69 each plus $15 shipping......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts