Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2014 Woodward Cruise (Hellcat pics and video inside!)

2K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  cdahl383 
#1 ·
Went up to the Woodward Dream Cruise today. Went up in the Challenger yesterday after work, went up in the Nova today. Parked up by 14 Mile Rd and walked down to the Mopar display at 13 Mile Rd. Got some pics of the Hellcat and some good video too. Check it out below...

See less See more
#8 ·
Loved all of it Carl!!!!! The Hellcat is great, but I also love that yellow '70's Challenger and your Nova! My husband had a '73 Nova when he graduated from high school! Thanks for posting, great pics!!!! Hope you had a good time, hmmm....maybe the green shaker Challenger had the best looks????

#9 ·
Yeah I like that one green Challenger with models in front of it, that one was my favorite haha! It was totally awesome at the Dodge Display, lots of cool stuff there.

That's cool your husband had a Nova. Got any pics of it?

#11 ·
Great pics Carl, thanks for sharing. The Novas I always liked some, friends of mine had them.One guy had his suspension just right, on a second goose he could lift the front tires 3 inches off the ground.

#13 ·
Hey Carl
What green Challenger?
Darn hussies LOL
Walked there from 12 mile (got to park with my car in the shade)
Got some neat ideas for the hammer
Loved the flow thru headlights on the Hellcat
wonder if the could fit the hammer
Great time today not that Spent time with the eldest daughters boy friend
Still don't like him LOL

#15 ·
Haha yeah, I noticed a Challenger behind them after a while haha!

I came up on 12 Mile Rd in the morning and looped around and went up to 14 Mile Rd. I had my Nova parked up at the FedEx building on that corner there. Had my Challenger up there last night. Took me forever to get to 13 Mile Rd walking in the afternoon, so many people everywhere. Just had to get some pics and video of the Hellcat and everything going on there.

Glad to hear you had a good time! Hopefully the boyfriend will grow on you, or maybe she'll realize he sucks and dump him! :)

#17 ·
Looks like a super great time Carl. Thanks for sharing. We were just up in northern Michigan for 4 days last week before my wife went back to work. Did catch a cool little car show in Boyne City on the way back. Wish I would've known about this event. I'm sure we would have driven up for it. Love that license plate frame too. And especially the addition to the green Challenger..lol. again, thanks for sharing.

#18 ·
I have to admit, the Hellcat is SIK, but man, I love the retro look of my classic. If I could have the performance of the Hellcat with the classic look(I still couldn't afford it

hahaha)....now were talking! Carl- You're Nova looks sweet. I still need to throw eyes on that in person one day. Thanks for the pics and video.

#19 ·
Looks like a super great time Carl. Thanks for sharing. We were just up in northern Michigan for 4 days last week before my wife went back to work. Did catch a cool little car show in Boyne City on the way back. Wish I would've known about this event. I'm sure we would have driven up for it. Love that license plate frame too. And especially the addition to the green Challenger..lol. again, thanks for sharing.
It was definitely cool! The Woodward Cruise happens every year on the third Saturday of August I believe. If you can make it up there one day you'll be blown away by how insane it is. Biggest car show in the world!

Thanks, I put that license plate frame on my car as soon as I got back home. Looks really nice on there! I was originally wanting the chrome Challenger R/T one but when I saw that Mopar one at the cruise I had to have that one!

Yeah the addition to the green Challenger definitely brings out the best of that car! Haha!

#20 ·
I have to admit, the Hellcat is SIK, but man, I love the retro look of my classic. If I could have the performance of the Hellcat with the classic look(I still couldn't afford it

hahaha)....now were talking! Carl- You're Nova looks sweet. I still need to throw eyes on that in person one day. Thanks for the pics and video.
I'm totally in love with the Hellcat, looks awesome and with 707hp it has to be a total beast to drive. For the money it's pretty hard to beat that for a brand new car with a warranty. I love the retro look of our Challengers as well, but I'd be alright driving a Hellcat as well haha! My only hope of ever owning one is maybe picking one up later in life from some older dude that barely drove it. Maybe in another 10-20 years I'll log on here and post up pics of the new used Hellcat I'll get haha!

Thanks, today marks 17 years I've owned my Nova! Bought it 17 years ago today when I was 15 years old. My buddy and I put a different engine and trans in it in 2001 and then a new set of heads and cam in 2008. I had the body professionally restored in 2005 before I moved out on my own. Nowadays I just cruise around in it on the weekends, take my daughter with me for cruises, and wash and wax it a lot. Not much time for mechanical stuff anymore, I just try to maintain it right now.

I have an idea for next year at Woodward. My uncle works for FedEx and he was able to get some spots for us at the office on Woodward and 14 Mile Rd. The parking lot isn't huge, but the store is closed, so it doesn't matter. I think there's about 15 spots there in the front lot that we could probably get. I can check into it with him for next year and see if I can get something set up? We didn't have much more than 12-15 people at our get together on 13 Mile Rd, so that might be enough room.

Let me know what you think.

#21 ·
Thanks for posting Carl! Was up there in 2010 shortly after getting my Challenger. Cousins live close by. Not sure when we'll make it that way again. Soon I hope. We were at the Mercedes of Bloomfield back then. Next time I definitely want to be at 13 Mile. Enjoy the Journey! Lou.

#23 ·
Thanks for the shots looks like a great time.

#24 ·
Thanks man, had my Nova 17 years now today!

It was awesome, definitely worth checking out some time if you're ever in the area. People can show you pics and video and stuff but it's nothing like being there in person, it's just total insanity, cool cars everywhere, stuff for sale, different events going on, parades, car shows, food, drinks, beer, etc. It's great!

#25 ·
I'm totally in love with the Hellcat, looks awesome and with 707hp it has to be a total beast to drive. For the money it's pretty hard to beat that for a brand new car with a warranty. I love the retro look of our Challengers as well, but I'd be alright driving a Hellcat as well haha! My only hope of ever owning one is maybe picking one up later in life from some older dude that barely drove it. Maybe in another 10-20 years I'll log on here and post up pics of the new used Hellcat I'll get haha!

Thanks, today marks 17 years I've owned my Nova! Bought it 17 years ago today when I was 15 years old. My buddy and I put a different engine and trans in it in 2001 and then a new set of heads and cam in 2008. I had the body professionally restored in 2005 before I moved out on my own. Nowadays I just cruise around in it on the weekends, take my daughter with me for cruises, and wash and wax it a lot. Not much time for mechanical stuff anymore, I just try to maintain it right now.

I have an idea for next year at Woodward. My uncle works for FedEx and he was able to get some spots for us at the office on Woodward and 14 Mile Rd. The parking lot isn't huge, but the store is closed, so it doesn't matter. I think there's about 15 spots there in the front lot that we could probably get. I can check into it with him for next year and see if I can get something set up? We didn't have much more than 12-15 people at our get together on 13 Mile Rd, so that might be enough room.

Let me know what you think.
Sound great Carl. I'm also looking into a fall get together "Cider run". I have a great parking lot (all pavement) and a cider mill within walking distance. I'll get more details to you when I know more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.