Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am currently in the middle of a project where I am adding the rear spoiler from a 2015+ Challenger (Hellcat I believe, Part# 5LC53RXFAK). I have the infotainment wiring harness for my radio, and that wiring is relatively straight forward, but I need the wiring diagram for the OEM backup camera because the infotainment radio harness has an RCA input.

The factory plug has what appears to be a 10-pin connector, but it is only using 6 of the 10 pins in the following configuration (layout is with the release clip at the top):

Empty - Black - Blue - Red - Empty
Empty - Silver/Uncoated - Translucent White - Green - Empty

I have searched through the forums but the closest diagram I have found was a six pin with different colors. If the pin placement is the same and it is just the colors are different, than I believe I would use:

Empty - Negative Power - Unused - Positive Power (From radio harness) - Empty
Empty - Camera Shield - Unused - Camera Signal - Empty

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to damage the camera in my brand new spoiler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello
What did you end up doing? I have a 2011 Dodge Challenger RT with a RER 730N my gig radio from a 2010 challenger SRT. Everything works as it should... hands free phone; navigation; u connect... I did loose the ability to use the USB inside the meter console and the push to talk on the steering wheel controls... I read some things online about the PCI BCI CH21 interface that allows a after market backup camera to be used... others used the license plate camera but not me... I like the look of the 2016 and up spoiler so bought one with a factory camera. My car didn’t have the OEM camera wiring harness so I bought one of them too. I can get the camera wires to the front head unit using this harness. The PCI interface has a camera RCA port to use for an after market camera. It also has a red power wire. I am assuming that the interfaces red wire recognizes when the vehicle is in reverse and will power up the camera. What I cannot figure is what the OEM camera wire colors are to use to add a male RCA for plugging into the interface? My thinking is to make the OEM camera I’m the spoiler operate with the OEM radio via the interface. Before I try to drill out the spoiler and add an aftermarket camera I would like to try and install the OEM camera. Just need to figure out how to wire it and what powers the camera to come on in reverse... I, hoping the interface is seeing the shivers position and sending power to the camera without any splicing of wired...

On another note:
I may be the only one out there that has added a 2015 shark fin antenna to my 2011 Dodge Challenger. When the flat antenna was on my car all I did was remove it and modify the plastic base from square to round. I took a drummel tool and ground off the tabs on the 2015 and mounted it. I tried my serious radio and bam; it WORKed!!

Back to the camera; I believe I can get the backup camera to work... any feedback you can share would be greatly appreciated!

I am creating a Frankenstein Mopar monster!!!

Attachments

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,174 Posts
Any update ?

I'm looking to add a spoiler with a back up camera on my '09 SRT . Sooo many spoilers available but I really don't know the difference between them. And a few dealerships I called are no help either.

:confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have the OEM SRT8 spoiler and want to put a 2015/2016 spoiler with camera it is doable. The things you need are some silicone and 7 and 9mm drill bits. The newer spoilers have different mounting holes... but do fit the edges of the trunk and is the correct width. You can find the template for the spoiler on eBay.!of course you’ll need a low canbus speed RER or RHR mygig radio. The RHR streams video and the RER doesn’t other than that they’re identical. You’ll have to use a lock pick or BCI ch21 interface to free the backup camera and use the in motion dvd and gps nav. The interface will force the backup camera but you’ll have to provide a power source for the camera. I ran mine from the 12v outlet in the dash. The interface also has a toggle that allows you to force the backup camera on while in motion. I bought mine off of eBay... 275.00 and included the camera. I think my 2022 challenger looks like a 2016 with this upgrade. I also have the sequential rail lights with the centers blacked out that adds som custom looking blinker action.

Attachments

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,174 Posts
So I am currently in the middle of a project where I am adding the rear spoiler from a 2015+ Challenger (Hellcat I believe, Part# 5LC53RXFAK). I have the infotainment wiring harness for my radio, and that wiring is relatively straight forward, but I need the wiring diagram for the OEM backup camera because the infotainment radio harness has an RCA input.

The factory plug has what appears to be a 10-pin connector, but it is only using 6 of the 10 pins in the following configuration (layout is with the release clip at the top):

Empty - Black - Blue - Red - Empty
Empty - Silver/Uncoated - Translucent White - Green - Empty

I have searched through the forums but the closest diagram I have found was a six pin with different colors. If the pin placement is the same and it is just the colors are different, than I believe I would use:

Empty - Negative Power - Unused - Positive Power (From radio harness) - Empty
Empty - Camera Shield - Unused - Camera Signal - Empty

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to damage the camera in my brand new spoiler.
How did you make out with this project?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies for not replying to this thread in forever, but the project came out great. I ended up with the backup camera working perfectly and even have the option under "Personal Settings" to control either sensors only, sensors and camera, or no park assist. The wiring is all tucked behind the trunk lid, but from my old notes the colors matched up are as follows:
Black = Ground
Blue = Unused for this application
Red = Power Output, labeled "OutPut 1" on the harness I used from Infotainment
Silver = Camera Shield = Outer Ring of RCA Video Cable
White = Notes unclear but 90% sure I did not use, grounded if I did.
Green = Camera Signal = Center Pin of RCA Video Cable
It has been a few months now and still no issues to report with this setup.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,174 Posts
Apologies for not replying to this thread in forever, but the project came out great. I ended up with the backup camera working perfectly and even have the option under "Personal Settings" to control either sensors only, sensors and camera, or no park assist. The wiring is all tucked behind the trunk lid, but from my old notes the colors matched up are as follows:
Black = Ground
Blue = Unused for this application
Red = Power Output, labeled "OutPut 1" on the harness I used from Infotainment
Silver = Camera Shield = Outer Ring of RCA Video Cable
White = Notes unclear but 90% sure I did not use, grounded if I did.
Green = Camera Signal = Center Pin of RCA Video Cable
It has been a few months now and still no issues to report with this setup.
Thanks for the reply and info!
I just added the Hellcat spoiler last week and soon I'll be connecting the NAV-TV interface to it.
Hopefully my project will turn out as good as yours.

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply and info!
I just added the Hellcat spoiler last week and soon I'll be connecting the NAV-TV interface to it.
Hopefully my project will turn out as good as yours.
Let me know if you run into any issues and I'll see what I can do to help. It's all relatively easy to gain access to again aside from the wiring at the spoiler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts