Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per the allpar website you should now be able to order a 2015 Challenger up through the SRT model with the 392 Hemi for the Hellcat you are going to have to wait until August 8.

From allpar: http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/07/ready-to-order-a-2015-challenger-srt

Nick wrote that the 2015 Dodge Challenger may now be ordered by dealers, up to and including the 392-powered SRT cars. He noted that the eight-speed automatic is standard, with the six-speed Tremec manual transmission available on Challenger R/T. Some key options include various stripes, “Super Sport Group (SS/T)” (RWD only), and Super Track Pak. Preliminary paint colors are silver metallic, white, ivory white, granite metallic, jazz blue pearl, black, black tri-coat, SubLime, and TorRed. Late availability colors are blue pearl and “Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl.” As in 2014, there are SXT Plus and R/T Plus models as well.

Challenger Scat Pack comes with the 392 V8 Hemi engine, in either manual or automatic-transmission forms (again, six and eight speeds). There is also a Challenger SRT 392 with the same powertrain options, which adds an 18-speaker stereo, wider wheels, lower-profile tires, 6.4 Hemi badge, adaptive damping suspension, red six-piston brake calipers, a black grille, standard blind spot and cross-path detection, configurable drive mode, ambient lighting in the doors, heated/vented front seats and heated steering wheel, HID headlights, different interior trim, standard leather, performance shift indicator, foldaway mirrors, power tilt/telescope steering column, body-color rear spoiler, SRT badging, a pass to the SRT Track Experience for training, and a universal garage door opener.

JRS wrote, “Hellcat ordering will open on August 8, with production starting on September 2.”

Reactions: wyo.hemi

·
Dazed & Confused
36,577 Posts
Have a friend here that's a loan manager at one of the dealerships that posted up on FB that order banks were open, just no pricing yet. Don't think I would be ordering in the blind.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a friend here that's a loan manager at one of the dealerships that posted up on FB that order banks were open, just no pricing yet. Don't think I would be ordering in the blind.
Hey come on it's Ma Mopar, just throw some money at them and hand them a blank check, tell them to fill in whatever the dealership thinks it's worth. :gy:

I agree with you Joe, no way I'd be ordering without knowing what the final price was going to be. This car should be around for a few years yet so no since getting into a rediculous hurry. Kind of disappointing that we don't have any prices though, hopefully soon.

·
12,990 Posts
I wonder what kind of gear ratio that 8-speed Auto has?

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is for the SRT 8 speed:

Gear Ratios
1st 4.71
2nd 3.14
3rd 2.10
4th 1.67
5th 1.29
6th 1.00

th 0.84

th 0.67

Reverse 3.30
Final Drive Ratio
2.62 – Asymmetric-limited slip, performance-tuned (6.2 liter)
3.09 – Asymmetric-limited slip, performance-tuned (6.4 liter)
Overall Top Gear
1.76 (6.2 liter)

2.07 (6.4 liter)

Reactions: oilslick

·
12,990 Posts
This is for the SRT 8 speed:

Gear Ratios
1st 4.71
2nd 3.14
3rd 2.10
4th 1.67
5th 1.29
6th 1.00

th 0.84

th 0.67

Reverse 3.30
Final Drive Ratio
2.62 – Asymmetric-limited slip, performance-tuned (6.2 liter)
3.09 – Asymmetric-limited slip, performance-tuned (6.4 liter)
Overall Top Gear
1.76 (6.2 liter)

2.07 (6.4 liter)
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info Jon, it looks like the top end is gonna be way up there! :smileup:

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's what they list for the R/T

Availability
Available with 5.7-liter and 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine
Description
Adaptive electronic control, Sport mode or paddle-shifted driver-interactive manual control, five-clutch pack design with only two open clutches in any gear, off-center line pump with low-viscosity oil for reduced spin loss, torque converter lock with turbine torsional damper for low lock-up speeds in first through eighth gear
Gear Ratios
1st 4.70
2nd 3.13
3rd 2.10
4th 1.67
5th 1.28
6th 1.00
7th 0.84
8th 0.67
Reverse
Final Drive Ratio
3.08:1 – (5.7-liter)
3.09:1 – Limited Slip (6.4-liter)
Overall Top Gear
2.06 (5.7-liter)
2.07 (6.4-liter)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Preliminary paint colors are silver metallic, white, ivory white, granite metallic, jazz blue pearl, black, black tri-coat, SubLime, and TorRed. Late availability colors are blue pearl and “Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl.”
When is the B5 Blue coming out? :4-dontknow: I didn't see it in your write up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to my dealership today and they are still only able to order either the Scat Pack or the SRT 392 packages. I'm hoping they come out with the 392 Scat Pack Shaker. They also didn't have any prices out for those packages yet either which I thought was strange since they were able to start ordering them. I wouldn't order one without knowing the price first.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
man that hellcat is unreal, I have watched that vid so many times. that 71 didn't have a chance and that was the main motor back then. so neat thanks for showing it

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'll take a plain jane Sublime 392 6 speed, does it need to be a scat pack in order to get a 6 speed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts