Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but lots of good information in this one http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=15547&mid=5

Here's an excerpt, but lots more info at the actual site.

Improved performance
  • New class-exclusive standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission provides improved performance and fuel economy
  • 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 delivers 305 horsepower
  • 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with up to 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
  • New 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with an estimated 485 horsepower with 475 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
  • 0-60 mph in the mid-4 second range with new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
  • Quarter mile in low-12 second range
  • Top speed of 182 miles per hour (mph)
  • World-class stopping power with new available four-piston Brembo® brakes
  • New launch control and three-mode electronic stability control (ESC) with “full off” mode
All-new heritage inspired interior with unmatched customization
  • Fourteen all-new interiors with new retro colors, including Houndstooth, Tungsten Torque, Ballistic II premium cloth, and Pearl White or Ruby Red leather sport seats
  • New heated and ventilated performance seats available in Nappa leather and Alcantara suede
  • New Dodge race-inspired heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with available paddle shifters

Reactions: jklotz10

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like we get the Shaker package now for both 5.7 and 6.4 cars.

The legend returns with fully functional Shaker cold-air intake and complete Shaker appearance (late availability)
For Challenger owners looking for an even more aggressive appearance, Dodge brings back the legendary Shaker package, featuring a functional engine-mounted “Shaker” hood scoop and a full array of exclusive Shaker content. The all-new Shaker hood and scoop provide cold-air induction, along with a Mopar-branded cold-air intake fitted with a conical air filter, which feeds fresh air to meet the demands of the 6.4-liter V-8, as well as the 5.7-liter HEMI, at speed.

Shaker chassis upgrades include the standard Super Track Pak, which includes such performance upgrades as suspension, brakes and steering, as well as three-mode electronic stability control, including “full off” mode and Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires (all-season tires available). In addition to the prominent hood scoop, the Shaker special trim adds hood-to-tail Satin Black Shaker graphic stripes, Gloss Black grille surround, Satin Black rear spoiler and fuel filler door, Challenger script grille badge, “Shaker” badge underhood – just like the original – and 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with black pockets in satin finish (20-by-8-inch on R/T; 20-by-9-inch on 392 HEMI Shaker). R/T Shaker models add a unique “Shaker” badge on the Shaker scoop, while the 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker has a legendary “392 Shaker” badge on the Shaker scoop and a unique Bumble Bee badge on the fender. Two new heritage colors are available, Sublime Green and B5 Blue. They join TorRed, Billet Silver, Pitch Black and Bright White.

Inside, the Shaker package adds high-performance seats – available in Ballistic Cloth (R/T) or stitched and perforated leather seats with Shaker logo embroidery (R/T Plus, 392 Shaker) available in Dark Slate with Sepia accent stitching or Radar Red with Radar Red stitching, combined with a performance steering wheel, K-Black accents, bright pedals, a Shaker dashboard plaque and Shaker splash screen graphics in 7-inch TFT customizable cluster display.

·
12,990 Posts
Good info Jon, I like the new info. On the 6.4 especially with the 8 speed auto.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info Jon, I like the new info. On the 6.4 especially with the 8 speed auto.
Yeah, I'm thinking that 8 speed should really kick butt at the track. :smileup:

·
12,990 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking that 8 speed should really kick butt at the track. :smileup:
Your probably right about that Jon, I'm sure that 8 speed will keep the rpms way up right in the power zone at the track even with 3.06 gearing.:smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
I'm really curious what the new EPA mileage figures will be for the revamped Challenger. That 8 speed automatic just might boost a Hemi 5.7L to near 30 mpg (hwy) territory.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really curious what the new EPA mileage figures will be for the revamped Challenger. That 8 speed automatic just might boost a Hemi 5.7L to near 30 mpg (hwy) territory.
I've been wondering that myself, but I haven't seen anyting on it yet. I'm kind of hoping it will boost the 392 mileage enough to get it out of that lousy gas guzzeler tax. :smileup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts