Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't link directly to the press kit but if you follow this link http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=15580&mid=1 (which has some good reading by itself) then look to the right hand side of the page you will see an area labeled Press Kit Contents, in the box below that label are a bunch of downloadable pdf files that contain a lot of good information.

But I recommend Feature availability and Specifications for those that really want to learn more about the 2015 Challenger and its option packages. :smileup:

There's also files on the history of the Challenger, the engineering, the technology etc.. all full of good information.

Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the Feature availability file here is the list of packages available, but of course not all are available for all trim levels.

R/T Classic Package — Performance Nappa leather
and suede heated and vented front seats, dual R/T side
stripes, HID headlamps, “Challenger” script fender
badge, and 20 x 8.0-in. polished forged aluminum
Classic II wheels

Cold Weather Group — Includes 180-amp alternator,
heated front seats and heated steering wheel

Driver Convenience Group — Includes power multifunction
foldaway mirrors, HID headlamps, ParkSense
rear park assist system, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear
Cross Path detection, remote start system (automatic
transmission only) and universal garage door opener O

Technology Group — Includes rain-sensitive windshield
wipers, auto high beam headlamp control, Forward
Collision Warning and Adaptive Cruise Control

Sound Group I — Includes six premium speakers and
276-watt amplifier

Sound Group II — Includes nine amplified speakers with
subwoofer and 506-watt amplifier

Premium Sound Group — Includes Harman Kardon
900-watt amplifier, 18 premium speakers and tire service
kit (removes spare tire)

Super Sport Group — Includes 20 x 8.0-in. castaluminum
wheels with P245/45R20 BSW Firestone tires,
3.07 rear-axle ratio, deck-lid spoiler, steering-wheel
mounted paddle shifters and anti-lock four-wheel disc
performance brakes

Super Track Pak Group — Includes 20 x 8.0-in. castaluminum
Hyper Black II wheels, high-performance
steering, performance suspension, P245/45ZR20 BSW
Goodyear tires, anti-lock four-wheel disc high
performance brakes, 3.07 rear-axle ratio and Dodge
Performance Pages

Leather Interior Group — Nappa leather-trimmed seats,
heated and ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel,
Satin Silver instrument panel and bezel, and power
tilt/telescoping steering column

Scat Pack Appearance Group — Black grille surround,
Scat Pack Bumble Bee rear stripe, 20-by-9-in. lightweight
forged aluminum Hyper Black II wheels, HID headlamps.

Late availability: Scat Pack logo embroidered seats,
performance steering wheel, six premium speakers with
276-watt amplifier and premium floor mats

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been reading through some of their materials here and found a number of things of interest, at least they probably will be to the racers and performance oriented folks.

It looks like top of the line performance rear will no longer be the 226mm getrag, as in the feature availability section I see the available rear axle is now a 230 mm unit at all trim levels except for the SXT and SXT Plus.

Of further interest concerning the rear axle is found in engineering section:

All-new, lighter weight axles
Because efficiency and agility are positively correlated, the 2015 Dodge Challenger features all-new cast aluminum axles and housing. Replacing the previous steel structure, the new aluminum axles and housing help to save weight and reduce parasitic friction compared with the previous generation. In addition, the new aluminum housing includes a new four-bolt design (previously a three-bolt design) for increased durability.

The exhaust system for the Scat Pack 392 Hemi versions will see a new active system, not sure exactly what this entails but here is their explanation:

Active-valve exhaust system

The new active exhaust system on the Dodge Challenger 6.4-liter Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker allows for straight-through mid and rear mufflers for a throaty exhaust note under engine load. Even with up to 110 more horsepower than the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, this range-topping 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine with active valve exhaust system helps the four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology (with eight-speed automatic transmission) engage over a wider rpm range.

Looks like we are also getting an all new electric power steering system:

All-new advanced electric power steering system
The 2015 Dodge Challenger features an advanced steering-column-mounted electric power steering (EPS) system that improves both handling and performance. The vehicle utilizes the latest EPS system technology available, which delivers sporty handling by managing significant loads at all steering wheel operating speeds, power assist curves modulated according to driving conditions and up to a 3 percent improvement in fuel efficiency, when compared with a conventional hydraulic system.

All of the power boost, or assist, is provided via an electric motor, and because the system is fully electronic, the driver experiences optimal steering effort at all vehicle speeds with improved fuel efficiency, since there is no parasitic loss from a power steering pump.

These are a few of the new features I ran across while looking through the press materials in addition to the obvious new for the Challenger 8 speed transmission and bump in HP for the 392.​

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
I've been looking for awhile and finally see here that the '15 has full electric power steering with any hydraulics. I suspected that looking at my '15 as I did not see any hoses near the right front wheel as I had seen on my '13 model.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts