Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
I was lukewarm on the old design as it was, but now Dodge went out and turned the Charger into a larger Dart (Dammit Dodge! Just rename it the Dartger and let the Charger nameplate return to Halls of Muscle Car greatness with dignity!!!). I'm grateful they didn't mess with the Challenger on this level, and I can only hope they don't turn the 300C into an overgrown Neon. :SHOCKED:

Reactions: vin57

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
oh boy... :wow: not sure i'm really digging the looks of the new charger... i think i liked the more aggressive look of the front fascia of last years model... i think i like last years tail lights more too... hopefully others disagree with me and it sells well for dodge...

:hah: a Dartger

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Thumbs down on this one for me...definitely an over grown Dart. If they made it look a little more like a vintage Charger they might attract some real buyers. What are thry trying to do??!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
That just looks like another foreign model now. Maybe they are trying to appeal to a foreign market. I thought they blew it when they reintroduced the Charger a few years back and made it a four door. There was nothing retro about it at all. Ho hum.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not the new Charger--It's the 2015 Dart SRT '8, Right???:4-dontknow:
LOL...no kidding, they ruin the Dart, now I've given up on the Charger, and sadly the future for the Challenger......lets see the new interior is close to the Chargers .....:sad:

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
LOL...no kidding, they ruin the Dart, now I've given up on the Charger, and sadly the future for the Challenger......lets see the new interior is close to the Chargers .....:sad:
I believe they are moving things away from the retro look and when the current Challenger finishes it's run in three years whatever comes next will most likely no longer be a retro muscle car. The retro look is what got me back into muscle cars and what got me to buy two new Dodge Challengers, but if the Challenger morphs into a modern bubble car, looking like all the rest on the road, I'll most likely be done buying new Challengers. Only time will tell of course and I'll hold out hope that they can hit another home run with whatever comes next.

Reactions: vin57

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe they are moving things away from the retro look and when the current Challenger finishes it's run in three years whatever comes next will most likely no longer be a retro muscle car. The retro look is what got me back into muscle cars and what got me to buy two new Dodge Challengers, but if the Challenger morphs into a modern bubble car, looking like all the rest on the road, I'll most likely be done buying new Challengers. Only time will tell of course and I'll hold out hope that they can hit another home run with whatever comes next.
I agree and hope for the same, but I fear they will cater more to the new generation of car buyers and not us

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
I agree and hope for the same, but I fear they will cater more to the new generation of car buyers and not us
I think you are probably right, but there are still a lot of us out there that desire the retro look (that goes for Ford and Chevy fans too). I would think there is a big enough market of us folks to justify carrying at least one retro car in the line up. Of course Chrysler may not see it that way.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
I think you are probably right, but there are still a lot of us out there that desire the retro look (that goes for Ford and Chevy fans too). I would think there is a big enough market of us folks to justify carrying at least one retro car in the line up. Of course Chrysler may not see it that way.
Hopefully at least in the near future they will see that there are a whole lot of baby boomers, some getting ready to retire, wanting that "classic muscle car" to enjoy in their 50's, 60's, & '70's!! We are a market they shouldn't overlook. Some of them will also be financially able to purchase a nicer car. Guess we will see.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Glad I've got a 2013 Charger R/T, in copperhead pearl. I don't like the new Dart as a Dart, and I really don't like the new Charger as a pregnant Dart!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pretty much agree with everyone, but think I reserve my final judgement for when I see one....

I wasn't a fan of the Chargers at all until the last year or so... they have a tendency to tweak a look until it's right .... and then change it. LOL

I have a family member in S. Ohio with what has to be one of the Baddest Chargers I've ever seen and is a big Mopar guy (Has a Chally too) .. interested to see what he thinks... I don't expect he'll like it.

R

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I really don't like the new Charger as a pregnant Dart!
That's the perfect way to describe the new Charger. :smileup: It's actually pretty sad for a muscle car. :smiledown: Whoever is designing the Charger needs to be flogged. I'm so glad they didn't do anything too absurd with the 2015 Challenger.:smileup::smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
Here's a link to the Dodge Charger media release for those that want to read more: http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=15535&mid=5

Here's an excerpt from the release:

New exterior styling

• New hood
  • New fenders
  • New front and rear fascias
  • New front doors
  • New three-piece spoiler (standard R/T)
  • New Dodge signature LED racetrack tail lamps
  • New projector headlamps (high-intensity discharge headlamps on premium trims)
  • New LED fog lamps (SXT and R/T)
  • New center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL)
  • New wheels for all price classes, including available 20-by-9-inch forged aluminum wheels
  • New 20-inch wheels standard on R/T models
  • Six different 20-inch wheel styles available
  • New heritage colors, including B5 Blue, which accompanies classic high-impact TorRed
New interior styling and materials

• New 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable digital gauge cluster
  • New instrument panel center stack with next-generation radio and 5.0-inch and 8.4-inch touchscreen displays with 3-D navigation and downloadable apps
  • New three-spoke thick rim steering wheel with available paddle shifters
  • New performance-inspired electronic shifter
  • New Dodge Performance Pages (R/T Road & Track)
  • Eight all-new interior trims, including:
    • New Black and Tungsten cloth (replaces Light Frost Beige on SXT and R/T)
    • New Black and Pearl leather (replaces Tan leather)
    • New Black and Ruby Red (replaces Radar Red leather)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,699 Posts
Glad we have a 2011, I think they are trying to appeal to a younger market. I will pass final judgement when I see one up close.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Not that I've been a fan of the current Charger, although a 2 door, 6M version of the last one would have been great with the 392. Anyway, this one? Not even 2 doors and a six speed manual would help it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts