Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
WOW !!! I love it !! the back tail light area looks like a old school cuda !
the interior looks AWESOME !! I WANT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
They're showing it with a 1971 front grill. Not a fan of the taillights. Other than that, not much change except of course for the shorter wheelbase and 8 inches off the car. Not sold on it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I really like the subtle exterior changes. Hate the interior. Steering wheel looks like those in the Camaro's. I love the plain jane ness of our current rides. Just more retro to me. That being said, I'll still have to see the interior in person

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
It looks like a rear camera or some sort of sensor is embedded in the center of the rear spoiler.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
meh....I'm happy with mine, there are some things I like , but not enough to want to change.

note: the front hood scoops are more forward....mmmmm I think I prefer them back where they were

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
Well it's grown on me some since I viewed the first photo's leaked out last night. I'm still not sure about that lower grill (seems kind of too big to me) but I need to see one in person.

I do like the fact that they increased the HP a bit and put the 392 in the R/T. Hopefully the pricing is also more inline with an R/T (probably wishful thinking on my part). I saw in their media press release that they are claiming low 12's for the 8 speed automatic with the 6.4, which isn't bad for a stock car right off the lot.

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
It looks like a rear camera or some sort of sensor is embedded in the center of the rear spoiler.
I believe they all have back up camera's now.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
They're showing it with a 1971 front grill. Not a fan of the taillights. Other than that, not much change except of course for the shorter wheelbase and 8 inches off the car. Not sold on it.
Were does it say shorter wheelbase?I must have missed that?

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
From the Chrysler media release on the 6.4 R/T with 8 speed automatic:

New 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with an estimated 485 horsepower with 475 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed

manual or eight-speed automatic)

0-60 mph in the mid-4 second range with new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission

Quarter mile in low-12 second range

Top speed of 182 miles per hour (mph)

World-class stopping power with new available four-piston Brembo® brakes

New launch control and three-mode electronic stability control (ESC) with full offmode

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
Also not thrilled that my car will get walked by the new R/T. Wonder what the price point will be though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Personally, I like it... I don't even mind the interior (it's grown on me)... I get and like the Retro thing, but personally thought they should spend a little more effort on the interior... can still be retro but have a modern flair... just always thought it was pure retro... (although I'm not complaining about mine)

When I'm ready to trade up... I certainly won't mind this. :)

Like someone above said... the Challenger got me interested in muscle cars again too ... I think this is keeping the interest alive.

R

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
Also not thrilled that my car will get walked by the new R/T. Wonder what the price point will be though.
My guess is the 6.4 version will still come in at around the price of the current Core or probably higher.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Now they just need to release the 2015 colors and prices...oh yeah and the 2015 Hellcat. I'm beginning to think the Hellcat is going to just be a mystical unicorn.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
Having a 12 SRT I don't see much in the way of a HP increase of only 15.

Top speeds still the same. I don't think we have to worry about getting walked by the new R/T.

Basically I was looking for around 600HP.

What appears to me as being surprising is the large increase in sales of the Challengers and Chargers as opposed to Ford and Chevy in the same categories. Dodge has a huge lead in % increase.

I do like the improved exterior of the Charger.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts