Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i am the only person that drives my car, i rarely get the opportunity to see the tail lights. Well yesterday i was in my garage unloading some tools from the trunk, and when i opened it i happened to notice the tail lights, this is what I saw:
image.jpeg

The lights on the trunk lids are significantly dimmer than the outer ones. they are also flickering.

I plan to be at the Dealer tomorrow on my lunch break I'll have them look at it.

Anyone else seen similar?

·
Dazed & Confused
36,583 Posts
I seem to remember a member having their tail lights replaced for some reason but not sure if it was due to flickering.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Since i am the only person that drives my car, i rarely get the opportunity to see the tail lights. Well yesterday i was in my garage unloading some tools from the trunk, and when i opened it i happened to notice the tail lights, this is what I saw:
View attachment 66827

Is your plate blue392?

The lights on the trunk lids are significantly dimmer than the outer ones. they are also flickering.

I plan to be at the Dealer tomorrow on my lunch break I'll have them look at it.

Anyone else seen similar?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
You know, since I'm the only driver I have never looked at mine before, but I have driven behind a few 15s and 16s at night and that is not normal. Hope the dealer can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
People are going to be shocked when they have to start replacing these LED modules out of warranty. $1 for a low tech lamp, $700 for a high tech module.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer has ordered my replacement decklid lights.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The dealer has ordered my replacement decklid lights.
Let us know what your warranty invoice lists as the cost. I found the module online for $715.:eek:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What was the issue?
Not sure, they took a look and said order em up. I doubt they spent much time on it. Would be interesting to do an autopsy on them.

Reactions: Lyle

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They were able to replace the center tail light section today, glad to get the full brightness back!

They said the center section is $877 msrp! :0

Yikes.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let us know what your warranty invoice lists as the cost. I found the module online for $715.:eek:
Compared to the dealer msrp of 877 thats a deal.

I am curious to see if there are ways to prolong the longevity of the lights.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,034 Posts
I am curious to see if there are ways to prolong the longevity of the lights.[/QUOTE]

YES, it's called an Extended Warranty.:D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am curious to see if there are ways to prolong the longevity of the lights.

YES, it's called an Extended Warranty.:D

The thought has crossed my mind!

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,034 Posts
Many good pros & cons about extended warranties.:confused: I purchased a Maxcare 7yr./60,000 mi. bumper to bumper through Chrysler Group, L.L.C. (this is separate from the factory 5yr./100,000 mi. power train warranty), at a cost of $570.00 (with $100.00 deductible). I've only had to use it once so far. Radiator cooling fan went south. Total replacement charge was $554.28. My cost was $100.00. Some would argue that the repair cost me 570+100 for a total of $670.00 for the repair. For right now, this is true, but I'm sure something else $$$$ will turn to sh#@ in the next two years. In your case, a $715.00 taillight module is just the tip of the iceberg. A replacement touch screen radio for our cars is north of $900.00, not counting the labor. JMO. Welcome to the world of 'The Latest Technology'!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts