Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the dodge games I have a 2016 6.4 Super B Scat pack and want to get more out of it I do have a exhaust and ordering a Cold Air today. What is my next step got about $2000 cap where should I go next it's only a couple of weeks old so not ready for a turbo r blower that's going to be next year. Do I need headers or is the stock on this car the same as aftermarket header any advice would help thanks

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I would get a catch can on there and order a tuner from Hemifever Racing, he has the tuner/PCM setup for just under $1K. You'll gain about 25hp peak along with more power under the curve and reduced torque management. From feedback I've heard from others it's supposed to really wake the car up.

Outside of that I'd get a set of sticky tires for the back so you can actually put the power to the ground without getting sideways.

That should just about cover your $2K budget. More power, putting it to the ground, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
^^^yea what Carl said^^^

Catch Can, Tuner/PCM, Tires, CAI if you wish, doesn't do much for power but looks & sounds cool. The exhaust on these cars is already pretty good so I would worry about dropping big money on a kit for now. IMO, money could be better spent in other areas.

If you are also looking to improve handling front & rear strut bars are a good place to start as well as lowering springs.

Nice color BTW, lol.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
A catch can keeps your intake cleaner by preventing liquid oil from being recirculated back into your intake via the stock PCV system. It works by separating the liquid oil from the oil vapor and only allows the oil vapor to pass through into your intake.

It's not a necessary thing to have, but it's been proven to help keep your intake cleaner, and most tuners will recommend you have one to prevent oil from getting into the combustion chamber and causing issues with detonation, etc.

Why don't they come on our cars stock? Because the basic consumer nowadays barely knows how to pop the hood, let alone check oil and empty a catch can every oil change. Not to mention the added $25-50 per vehicle to the cost vs just simply running a hose from the PCV back to the intake tract for free.

Most sell for $100-200 depending on what you get and if its customized, etc. It's a good idea to have one IMO, but that's just my opinion. Lots of threads on here and on the web about them if you want to learn more as well.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
A catch can is exactly what is sounds like....it's a can that stops oil blow by from going back into your intake.....you have to empty it every now and then, and when you do, you'll see all the oil and contaminants in the can. Moroso makes a Catch Can with a handy release valve......makes it very easy to drain.
002.JPG

Here's a pic of one on my Challenger.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
^ That's how this forum works, you ask questions, you learn some new stuff, then you buy new things for your car, and your wallet gets lighter haha!

Reactions: stretch0069
1 - 11 of 11 Posts