Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
There is more going on here than people realize. We have a club member that put in an aluminum one-piece shaft on her 2017 5.7 M6 RT. I've driven that car many times before the new shaft was installed. But now the rear tires spin so easy, it's as if the engine gained much more power. She is impressed to say the least. Me too. This is bizarre. :eek:
-John

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,814 Posts
There is more going on here than people realize. We have a club member that put in an aluminum one-piece shaft on her 2017 5.7 M6 RT. I've driven that car many times before the new shaft was installed. But now the rear tires spin so easy, it's as if the engine gained much more power. She is impressed to say the least. Me too. This is bizarre. :eek:
-John
Not bizarre; the OE driveshaft has a fragile shock absorber in the middle of it...

·
Registered
487 Posts
It was RyzRT that convinced me to get a 1pc, even though my old shaft had not gone bad yet. It is a noticeable improvement for sure. And good piece of mind.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
549 Posts
Parts moving around (diff in cradle) (cradle in relation to chassis) (driveshaft in support) (spindle in relation to chassis) (yeah, all that is rubber mounted) actually helps with traction not the opposite. Same principle as needing some wrinkle in the sidewall

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,101 Posts
Parts moving around (diff in cradle) (cradle in relation to chassis) (driveshaft in support) (spindle in relation to chassis) (yeah, all that is rubber mounted) actually helps with traction not the opposite. Same principle as needing some wrinkle in the sidewall
Yes, without all that, easier to break the tires loose. Just makes sense. Depends on what you want to do.

Reactions: Dodgeguy
21 - 25 of 25 Posts