2017 GT AWD Slush Mats

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger GT AWD Forum' started by moepar, Oct 8, 2017.

1. moepar

moepar Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger GT
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    GT
    Color?:
    Billet Silver Metallic
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I sent this email to Weathertech today but did not get a reply.

I own a 2017 Challenger GT which is the AWD version. I purchased a set of your front mats only to fit the car seeing no one rides in the back anyways. I participate on a Challenger forum and a couple of complaints lodged by quite a few that have purchased the mats also are they feel that the mat dosen't come up high enough in the dead pedal area and also recently someone complained about the opening in the mats for the hooks that if enough water gets on the mat it can get under the mat in those areas. Me owning the mats I can see what they're saying and figure if no one voices their opinion to you you have no way of knowing about or rectifying the problem. Here is a link to a thread I started on the Challenger Website and the responses to it.

Thank You Hank

https://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/2017-gt-awd-slush-mats.127711/

Dhynes and jlunski like this.
  2. moepar

moepar Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger GT
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    GT
    Color?:
    Billet Silver Metallic
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Well I tried got a reply not really what I would have liked to hear but here it is

Good afternoon Hank—

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

Due to the molding process we use, the mold height is limited. Since the dead pedal area usually has a steeper angle than the rest of the front floor, the overall height of the dead pedal usually exceeds the allowable height of our mold so only a portion of the rest can be covered.

Regarding the retention hooks, if there is a liquid build up pass the point of the threshold around the retention hook, it may begin to make its way out through the retention hook hole. If there is a liquid build up in the liner, we recommend to empty it or soak it up as soon as you can, before it makes it way past the threshold around the hook.

Unfortunately, there is no revision in the works at this time, so I do not have another product to offer you, but I certainly am happy to pass along your feedback to our Product Development team. The only way that we are able to improve is through valuable criticism such as yours. Thank you very much, and if there is anything at all further we can assist with, please feel free to contact us.

Have a great day.

3. ZEN357

ZEN357 New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Plus
    Color?:
    Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Put a set of Weather Techs in my wife's GT. Very Nice! There is an option on their website when you order asking you if it's an AWD or RWD. Now I just need to get a set for mine!!!

4. 2017 GT Torred

2017 GT Torred New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    GT
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    jlunski likes this.
  5. 2017 GT Torred

2017 GT Torred New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    GT
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    my weather tech mats are on Craigslist, I know i'll never get my $130, out of them, but hope to offset the cost of the new ones, anyone in the Youngstown area interested, let me know!!