Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm new to this forum
My question what is the best way to keep the satin black hood,roof, trunk clean ?
When I read the 14 page "how to wash your car" that came with the car,
You can't just wipe with a rag Finger prints from closing the hood
Any help would be great . I just got the car Saturday it has 80 miles on it . I haven't got any bugs on it yet that could be a nightmare
Thank you
Bee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am getting mine covered with film to better protect from chips and make it easier to keep clean.
Thanks
I have that on my other car I just don't think it will look good on the satin finish please send me a picture when you get it done.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I would wrap it as well. I should have done the clear bra but I was to cheap . Now this wafer thin paint is covered in chips and it to late . I've just had my hood wrapped for a bit of fun , 200 bucks and won't get finger prints and if you get a swirl mark on it you can youse a hair dryer on it to self level . Magic :D:D
IMG_0159.JPG

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Thanks
I have that on my other car I just don't think it will look good on the satin finish please send me a picture when you get it done.
Thank you
Yup you're right gloss film would not look good, that's why we are using a satin film. Car will be stored after I take delivery until my film/ceramic installer has an opening to trailer it to his shop. Will post pics after it is finally scheduled and complete.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi
I'm new to this forum
My question what is the best way to keep the satin black hood,roof, trunk clean ?
When I read the 14 page "how to wash your car" that came with the car,
You can't just wipe with a rag Finger prints from closing the hood
Any help would be great . I just got the car Saturday it has 80 miles on it . I haven't got any bugs on it yet that could be a nightmare
Thank you
Bee
Nice car Bee!
I had my hood wrapped with Xpel Stealth film (see pics), also use Dr Beasleys.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Took delivery of my T/A yesterday. There was a matte paint care brochure in the car you should have received also. Dr. Beasleys is listed as a recommended care product in the brochure. You should be able to go to your parts dept. and request the brochure. It has a part # and is shown in one of the pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Took delivery of my T/A yesterday. There was a matte paint care brochure in the car you should have received also. Dr. Beasleys is listed as a recommended care product in the brochure. You should be able to go to your parts dept. and request the brochure. It has a part # and is shown in one of the pics attached.
Looks like the part # is hard to see in the pic, it is: 68306393AC.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thanks for posting pics everyone. I had read that the paint on the hood is suspect. After talking to a few people in the know I will be wrapping the hood with Xpel Stealth when I get mine. Also good to know about the paint care brochure... if I don't see one in the car I will make sure they order me one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dr. Beasley's is a good product, but doesn't advertise UV protection. The Chemical Guys' Meticulous Matte as well as Rat Wax's No Shine are both advertised on their websites as having UV protection and are less expensive. Also, Flitz makes a great cleaner (but no sealant type products).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had my entire car, vinyl and all, coated with Ceramic Pro. They did 4 layers of 9H and one layer of Light. So far so good. It really sheds water an keeps the car clean. Crazy easy to wash, and the vinyl always looks great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dr. Beasley's is a good product, but doesn't advertise UV protection. The Chemical Guys' Meticulous Matte as well as Rat Wax's No Shine are both advertised on their websites as having UV protection and are less expensive. Also, Flitz makes a great cleaner (but no sealant type products).
Personal product experience on new "prestine" T/A 392: After 2 days of buffing out Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte, I have finally been able to remove "most" of the streaks and uneven shine out of the matte finish. After re-applying the paste and using the spray version detailer multiple times, I finally had to resort to using FLITZ Matte Cleaner to restore the satin "factory" appearance. Please do yourself a favor and do NOT use Chemical Guys product, it simply does not work as advertised on our matte finish.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Personal product experience on new "prestine" T/A 392: After 2 days of buffing out Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte, I have finally been able to remove "most" of the streaks and uneven shine out of the matte finish. After re-applying the paste and using the spray version detailer multiple times, I finally had to resort to using FLITZ Matte Cleaner to restore the satin "factory" appearance. Please do yourself a favor and do NOT use Chemical Guys product, it simply does not work as advertised on our matte finish.
Yeah, I would stick to the products listed in Dodge's matte care brochure.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thanks for the post... good to know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you for this information. Sorry you had to go thru all that. Think about the ceramic coating also for the paint. Well worth the effort.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like the mkees37 the best. I use the flitzs a lot. Right now I am trying the vivvid post wrap, and it is nice. The chemical guys sucks. I have my hood wrapped with the expel stealth too

1 - 20 of 69 Posts