2017 T/A 392 hood question

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger T/A Forum' started by Bee, May 30, 2017.

1. Raptor1

Raptor1 New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger T/A
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    T/A 392
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I am using the Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte on my car and it still looks brand new. It goes on easy and wipes off clean. I also am using their Matte finish car wash on the hood, roof and trunk.

2. Katesby

Katesby New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger T/A
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    T/A 392
    Color?:
    Yellow Jacket
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I am glad your experience has been good. And while I still use two of CG's Meticulous Matte (car wash and spray sealant) products, I do NOT recommend the Matte JET SEALANT, which is rather problematic to use (Florida humidity doesn't help either) - and if you do, please make sure your vehicle is "cold"... it really is VERY temperature sensitive (as the instructions note).

I've used many, many detailing products over the years (2x Mustang National, 3x Mustang Regional first place, 50+ trophies and a 2015 Camaro 1LE (matte hood) and did not like the JET SEALANT product). Please note that I don't mean to imply I'm the subject matter expert, only that I have some experience).

Anyway, I'm mostly just happy to hear when someone has found a way to enhance the experience of owning a new car. Good luck to you!

3. Zappa

Zappa New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    T/A 392
    Color?:
    Yellow Jacket
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto

I've checked out the web sites of the recommended Dr. Beasleys and Swissvax. Neither say anything about using their products on the high gloss paint. Do we have to use different products or can the body wash/shampoo be used on the entire car? I'm kind of confused since we are dealing with matte paint, gloss paint & matte vinyl.

4. Jazz Blue SP 392

Jazz Blue SP 392 Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    T/A 392
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I'm using the Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte spray and having good luck with it as well as their car wash soap.

5. DriveBfive

DriveBfive Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2009 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Being kind of a detail oriented guy I was fully aware of the potential issues with the satin black hood before I got the T/A. Being as it wasn't going to be a daily driver and I had very good luck with my 09 Classic as far as scratches and dings I decided not to wrap the hood with Expel Stealth for now. I decided to go with Dr. Beasley's matte wash, matte sealer and matte spray detailer. I have used the wash twice on the hood and it works very well...I wash the rest of the car in regular car soap... keep the entire car wet...wash the hood with the matte wash with a separate bucket and mitt.. then rinse. I dry the rest of the car with The Absorber and dry the hood with a damp microfiber cloth. I have yet to use the matte sealer as I am still finding tiny pieces of glue from the factory plastic wrap. Once I get rid of all the glue I will seal it and then use the detail spray for in between washes. Since you are only doing the hood in the matte wash you only need a few drops in a 1/4 filled separate bucket to be used with a separate micro fiber wash mitt. Use separate buckets, applicators and towels for the hood.

I am treating all the vinyl decals the same way I did on my 09 Classic. I spray synthetic spray detailer on all the vinyl on a regular basis. It doesn't really effect the finish of the decals and provides some needed UV protection for the vinyl. When I detail the rest of the car I pop the hood and leave it up to avoid overspray on the satin hood.

12SRT8YJ likes this.
  6. Raptor1

Raptor1 New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger T/A
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    T/A 392
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Nice car Jazz Blue!

7. wvhemis

wvhemis Well-Known Member Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    I have been using Adams Matt Spray with pretty good results. I used simple green to get all the stuff off of my matt decals then used the Adams.

8. Jazz Blue SP 392

Jazz Blue SP 392 Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    T/A 392
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Thank you, you as well.

9. GoManGoRon

GoManGoRon Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    T/A 392
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    There is also a disclaimer in the owners manual that the dealer was supposed to have you sign. It states that if you don't take care of the matte surfaces according to what FCA says in there brochure YOU are liable for any damage to it. I didn't sign mine, but it was a demo with 4,000 mi. already on the car. MAKE sure you read and understand the brochure, repainting the hood could get expensive.
    RonG