Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post. What a great forum.
I'm 42, I've been driving since I was 16. I have a VW GTI MK7 which I will be returning to the dealership in April.
I have been looking at other cars to purchase but most bore me. I'm not into BMW, Audi... I would like something unique and super fast, yet safe and reliable.
I've never driven a muscle car but the Challenger has very much tickled my fancy. The 2018 Widebody has taken hold of me.
I am a very respsonvile driver and have no speeding tickets.
I would not be driving this in the wintertime. This would most-likely be my DD.
I have a few questions and would love some help from you guys.
1. Is it safe to drive in the rain or does it lose control easily. Of course I would not be driving like an ass in inclement weather. My girlfriend is super worried about my safety in this car
2. Is it safe in general, if the beast is respected?
3. Will I have fun? Do you love yours?
4. How is the resale value?
I know I don't need this car. Should I be more responsible and purchase a less-expensive car that handles better, yes. Do I want to, no.
I'm not getting any younger and want to enjoy.
I babbled on, appologies.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Happy Saturday.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

Reactions: Paramedic05

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
57,291 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm 76 -- Drive my SRT (DD) with care & vigilance.. I suggest you do an extended test drive.. In the Wet:- ;)
In the Dry:- :D ~~ @70mph in 3rd, foot hard down, Adrenalin Rush enough to power a 747"" :)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Pennsylvania. Go for it, I haven't heard anyone who has not liked their Hellcat or Challenger in general. I love mine, no issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amazing! How do you find it in the rain? Can it handle corners in the rain without fishtailing?
I'm booking a test drive.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
As with any car, get used to driving them within their limits per the conditions. I've owned my fair share of muscle cars and sports cars, there is a difference. No two of them handled exactly the same. You will be amazed how the Challenger handles. As with anything, don't exceed it's limits or do anything stupid. Drive within your means and you will be fine. The hellcat is really a tame pussy cat until you want it to be a beast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As with any car, get used to driving them within their limits per the conditions. I've owned my fair share of muscle cars and sports cars, there is a difference. No two of them handled exactly the same. You will be amazed how the Challenger handles. As with anything, don't exceed it's limits or do anything stupid. Drive within your means and you will be fine. The hellcat is really a tame pussy cat until you want it to be a beast.
That helps me a lot. I appreciate your advice.:)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Go for it,you won't be sorry!
Any car with any power is going to spin the tires in the rain if you drive like a fool.
Any SRT Challenger holds it's value- - - - - -
PS-What color do you fancy? My next Challenger will be Octane Red.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Cudatude,
Thank you for the feedback.
Im so close, I just need to test drive one and hopeldully fall under her spell.
Octane Red!:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Received mine last Oct, absolutely love how it handles and corners hard. Grips the road well. When I have driven it in the rain it's no problem as long as you respect the power. Be ready for everyone pulling up beside you and looking it over with a smile on their faces and giving you the thumbs up. You won't believe how well that Octane Red looks especially on sunny days. A real head turner. Get you one, you'll be glad you did

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Richard, your car is gorgeous!:cool:

I actually ordered mine on Dec 28, 2017.I received my VIN about 6 weeks ago. I’m frustrated as they haven’t told me when it will be ready. I was told early April but I’ve been hearing June. I can’t wait that long :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV.... Glad you joined us... Have fun with your quest! Like any high powered car you must respect them when the road conditions warrant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Richard, your car is gorgeous!:cool:

I actually ordered mine on Dec 28, 2017.I received my VIN about 6 weeks ago. I’m frustrated as they haven’t told me when it will be ready. I was told early April but I’ve been hearing June. I can’t wait that long :mad:
Thanks, it'll be here before you know it. Be sure and go over it . I found a couple minor paint issues, passenger side seat flaw above the SRT letters, the splash guard under the engine was ripped slightly and had a small chip near the bottom side of the steering wheel. In the process now of getting steering wheel, paint issues, seat and splash guard replaced. Do make them put it on a lift and visually inspect the underside before signing any paperwork. You're spending your hard earned money and in the future they'll know you mean business. All covered under the warranty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are these common for most of the new Challengers?
I will heed your advice.
They repaired everything for you?
What should I look for when on the hoist?
Did you xpel the car and ceramic coat? I would like to do both.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Also, make sure and have the oil changed out before 6 months no matter the mileage. Something they won't tell you. I negotiated my first 3 oil changes free. Once they start charging you bring in your own oil and filter, "SRT" filter only, and this way you're just paying labor charges.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts