Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking into purchasing a automatic 2019 R/T With the plus package and driver convenience group.

Best offer I have is a 41,000 exclusive of tax and rebate (1,500)

It has the sun roof.

I am not sure if this is a good price. I think I can do better but dealers are being difficult, or maybe it is me.

Any help on pricing would be good. I’ve reviewed true car, edmunds, etc.

With the media posted the invoice is from another dealer but should be the same minus the blacktop package. Hence the difference between the website price and the invoice.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,639 Posts
Boy that is close to what you can get a Scat Pack for. I think you should be able to better than 41k

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,865 Posts
What is the sticker price? It must have more options than mentioned to be that price. You should be able to get at least 10-13% off MSRP without trying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boy that is close to what you can get a Scat Pack for. I think you should be able to better than 41k
Invoice is about 41. Most scat packs I see are going for about
What is the sticker price? It must have more options than mentioned to be that price. You should be able to get at least 10-13% off MSRP without trying.
I provided invoice and mrsp above

·
Registered
889 Posts
My Scat Pack Shaker listed for $44,5ish. I got it for $36k. I had a 5.7 R/T before and they're awesome, but I'd pass on that deal.

Reactions: screaminduce1550

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Try harder or go to a different dealer. There are plenty of cars out there and more deals to be had. There is no deal with this car, walk away. As you can see by the other posts, we all got a significant discount of MSRP. I bought my '16 in 10/17 as the '18s were arriving in dealerships and went from $41070 MSRP to $31,000 before taxes and fees.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dang, where are you finding these deals guys? I've only found one place that advertises prices close to that. As an example, one car has discounts and rebates listed at close to 9k, but in the fine print it looks like I would only qualify for 6.6k of it if I'm lucky. Which still isn't bad, but the place is a good 7 hour drive away and they don't have one with the options I wanted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang, where are you finding these deals guys? I've only found one place that advertises prices close to that. As an example, one car has discounts and rebates listed at close to 9k, but in the fine print it looks like I would only qualify for 6.6k of it if I'm lucky. Which still isn't bad, but the place is a good 7 hour drive away and they don't have one with the options I wanted.

I agree with you that there aren’t many deals on 2019 right now. But it appears from this website that you have to buy last years model to get a really good deal. I was offered a 2018 GT about 8k off sticker. Didn’t go for it but it makes sense now.

Sucks to have to wait for such a sexy car

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I agree with you that there aren’t many deals on 2019 right now. But it appears from this website that you have to buy last years model to get a really good deal. I was offered a 2018 GT about 8k off sticker. Didn’t go for it but it makes sense now.

Sucks to have to wait for such a sexy car
Expand your search radius. You WILL find your car. I just bought a '19 Durango MSRP $56K, got it for $50K. A little over 10% off just like I said in my other post. DON"T SETTLE! Keep looking. Plenty of deals out there.

·
Premium Member
2018 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
582 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a new 2018 Challenger. That is where you are in the "drivers seat". Dealers will lick your ass to sell one and become the hero within the their sales department. You have to understand that some people are great hagglers, enjoy the art and live in different areas of the country. Car salesman are well trained to not mess with the pipe smoking guy with a notepad and wire rimmed glasses who carries Trumps book The Art of the Deal with them. Others, like me, are just prey to them and always feel like I got taken for a sucker... even if I did get a good deal. There are people who will fly a 1000 miles from NJ to buy a car from the swamps of Louisiana to get a rock bottom price. For those of us who don't enjoy the game 10% below list is a fair price for a 2019 before the 2020's are in the lot. For a 2018 left over go for the kill and don't be afraid to walk away. Wait a few days and they will call jingling a set of keys. They want your money more than you want the car is the image you want to project.

·
Registered
650 Posts
There are only a few 18's left and no way do I want one, unless its an SRT and they still want top dollar for a new one. The 19's are starting to be slim pickings too if you have a specific color and options in mind. I called a dealer the other day that had one with the options I wanted, but not my first choice in color to see if he could find or order me one exactly like I wanted and he never called back. I was going to drive out and at least look at the one they had, but sounds like they don't want my business very bad.

·
Registered
889 Posts
2019 production ended in the spring. You can only order a 2020 now and all good deals and incentives will only apply to the left over 2019’s. I got mine at chapman in pa last July as a 2018 leftover. They had 52 challengers in stock at the time. You can try their website to check out what they have left this year.

Reactions: screaminduce1550

·
Registered
29 Posts
2019 production ended in the spring. You can only order a 2020 now and all good deals and incentives will only apply to the left over 2019’s. I got mine at chapman in pa last July as a 2018 leftover. They had 52 challengers in stock at the time. You can try their website to check out what they have left this year.
2019 models did not end production. You can still order a 2019 until August 1. Orders for 2020 models are not accepted until September.

·
Registered
889 Posts
When I was in the car business many moons ago June was about it for ordering. We started taking new model year orders in July.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts