Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might assume, after driving my new 2019 RT 392 SP WB around since last May, I've been having a lot of fun with my car. I never thought of myself as a show-off type of person but I have to admit that seeing heads turn everywhere I go does feels kinda good. Never before have I been so hyper aware of how my ride looks. I find myself washing the car a lot more and buying the right products to do it properly. Beyond that, I've recently purchased new dedicated winter rated rims and tires to handle the weather here in southern Ontario Canada while still looking awesome. Whenever I go to Walmart, I park way far from the building for obvious reasons. One evening, when I came back to my car, another 392 WB was sitting one space away from mine. Birds of a feather I guess.

Recently, the mere sight of the vacuum cleaner exhaust tips has been making me cringe. I'd like to install a pair of very nice, high quality, stainless steel, round quad tips. The problem is that there's just so many parts on Amazon (and elsewhere) that I have no idea what to buy. Maybe purchasing parts and taking them into a garage for installation isn't the best move either, meaning maybe I should let the shop provide the parts, I don't know.

What looks better... straight or angle cut, staggered or not ?
What diameter inlet?
Weld-on or clamp-on?
Do I have to delete the resonators at the back or can I keep them? I prefer to keep them.
Is there a nice Mopar part or will it have to be an after-market product?

I have no idea. I just want it to look really nice, last a long time, and not cause any performance or sound problems. If anyone can provide advice, links to products, pictures of their quad tips installed, names/locations of the service centers you went to, that would be really great.

Thanks in advance,

Bill B. in Chatham, Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
255 Posts
well, one thing I can say is that on my 16 sps there is not enough meat to work with on the end of the resonators or end of the stock tips. not sure about the 2019

1 - 4 of 4 Posts