Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Mopar. I just picked up my custom order 2020 50th Anniversary Scat Pack Shaker Widebody and I already have it scheduled to get a mid muffler delete to make it a little louder. I'm thinking about a Fastman throttle body for performance. Will this give me any extra horsepower and do I need to retune it? Also, if retuning...I heard that this will void my warranty. Any advice from you fine gents?

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,262 Posts
You really have to work at voiding your entire warranty. Modifying a part may cause that particular part to not be covered but will not void your entire warranty. The Fastman piece is a modified OEM part that requires no PCM recalibration and would likely go unnoticed by most techs. Power gain is minimal though so probably not much "seat of the pants" gain. I'd be more likely to spend that amount of money on a catch can first.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
welcome from south florida. congrats on your widebody. and + 1 to dans answer

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
164 Posts
Catch can first.

DeWFPo

·
Registered
3 Posts
You really have to work at voiding your entire warranty. Modifying a part may cause that particular part to not be covered but will not void your entire warranty. The Fastman piece is a modified OEM part that requires no PCM recalibration and would likely go unnoticed by most techs. Power gain is minimal though so probably not much "seat of the pants" gain. I'd be more likely to spend that amount of money on a catch can first.
Oh sorry, I actually do have an oil catch can coming from America muscle.com.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I forget where I saw it, but one of the popular car guys on youtube was saying the catch can was a waste of money and may actually hurt the car.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,614 Posts
I forget where I saw it, but one of the popular car guys on youtube was saying the catch can was a waste of money and may actually hurt the car.

There are idiots everywhere.....

Reactions: Dodgeguy and 10HORT

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I don't know how a catch can do anything but help keep the intake manifold oil free, and how exactly could it possibly harm the engine? People say crazy stuff all the time, and it seems like, at a point in time where BS can be proven so easily, that it's just swallowed as truth by some people.

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Registered
342 Posts
I doubt that the throttlebody by itself is going to actually add an noticeable horsepower gains but with a tune it would, i would suggest though that you drive the car before cutting the mid mufflers off, the new active exhaust is quite good in stock form and removing the mid mufflers could cause a drone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts