Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attended Chrysler Nationals as a spectator a few times in the past. Since it is the 50th anniversary of the Challenger I am considering registering as a participant with the Shaker. My farm is about a 1-1/2 hour drive so I plan to drive there each day.

Anyone else planning to attend?

·
801 RWHP
8,180 Posts
It's so damn hot. Last time I went I didnt get very far from the tent. The giant cooler I brought full of beer might have had something to do with it, as well.

I also brought water pistols to shoot people with cool water to keep them cooled off. But all I kept hearing was the guys saying, why aren't you shooting us too?

·
Business
20,477 Posts
I have attended Chrysler Nationals as a spectator a few times in the past. Since it is the 50th anniversary of the Challenger I am considering registering as a participant with the Shaker. My farm is about a 1-1/2 hour drive so I plan to drive there each day.

Anyone else planning to attend?

I'm 1 hour away in West Virginia. Haven't decided wheather to go not this year.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Subscribed. If I go, it will be as a non-participant for the first time in several years. Maybe I’ll see you guys there.

Reactions: nunya

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am thinking of attending on Thursday just to check out the grounds and see if there is anything "with my name on it." I emailed Carlisle Events and they told me I did not need to pay for Thursday attendance but to tell the gate person (Gates 1, 3, or 5) that I am registered. Also one cannot park on the grounds until Friday. I typically try to arrive by 7am and grab a breakfast sammich near Gate 1. If it is raining or muddy, all bets are off. :geek:

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Did you sale the scat already?
yep. Made a post about it last week on both the For Sale thread and “what did you do to your Challenger today” thread. kind of weird going out to the garage and it not being parked there.

The dealership I traded it into already sold it and this evening I am heading to meet the new owner to sell some accessories that I took off it.

·
Business
20,477 Posts
yep. Made a post about it last week on both the For Sale thread and “what did you do to your Challenger today” thread. kind of weird going out to the garage and it not being parked there.

The dealership I traded it into already sold it and this evening I am heading to meet the new owner to sell some accessories that I took off it.
Sorry I missed the thread. This site is not easy to navigate any more. I've been tossing around the same idea. Then I drive the Scat and it's like "Oh Hell No I'm Not Getting Rid of This".

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I am thinking of attending on Thursday just to check out the grounds and see if there is anything "with my name on it." I emailed Carlisle Events and they told me I did not need to pay for Thursday attendance but to tell the gate person (Gates 1, 3, or 5) that I am registered. Also one cannot park on the grounds until Friday. I typically try to arrive by 7am and grab a breakfast sammich near Gate 1. If it is raining or muddy, all bets are off. :geek:
While you might not be able to park your car on the grounds on Friday, if you take a canopy or tent, you can go into the fairgrounds and essentially mark your spot and set up your canopy a day ahead. Then you don't have to struggle to search around for a spot when the modern car section gets overrun with participants as it has in recent years. I would also recommend checking out the Thursday night cruise at the Expo Center across the street from the fairgrounds.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
NP. I don’t get a lot of notifications for new responses to threads I’ve posted in either so I probably miss a lot also.
You might get a notification once in awhile for threads you post in and it will show one recent post but not the other recent posts. People have complained but it seems like it falls on deaf ears.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
While you might not be able to park your car on the grounds on Friday, if you take a canopy or tent, you can go into the fairgrounds and essentially mark your spot and set up your canopy a day ahead. Then you don't have to struggle to search around for a spot when the modern car section gets overrun with participants as it has in recent years. I would also recommend checking out the Thursday night cruise at the Expo Center across the street from the fairgrounds.
If you set a pop up tent make sure you stake it down, it could turn ugly if it blows into someone’s car.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'll be there in the show field. It'll be my 3rd year as a participant. Just look for the best looking 2015 B5 Scat Pack Shaker with the cleanest underhood and you'll find me. Seriously.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,871 Posts
It's so damn hot. Last time I went I didnt get very far from the tent. The giant cooler I brought full of beer might have had something to do with it, as well.

I also brought water pistols to shoot people with cool water to keep them cooled off. But all I kept hearing was the guys saying, why aren't you shooting us too?
Well Bill, we were having so much fun that we sort of blocked out the others!!!!

Reactions: Hammer Down

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,871 Posts
Bill was right about how hot it was in 2016. You really couldn't even stand to walk around in the afternoon and look at the cars. So glad we had a tent. Here's the Z group from 2016. You can tell it was darn hot!

56834.jpg

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hey so I forget, should I arrive Wednsday night at the hotel then stake my spot early Thursday morning or arrive Thursday night and stake my spot early Friday morning?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hey so I forget, should I arrive Wednsday night at the hotel then stake my spot early Thursday morning or arrive Thursday night and stake my spot early Friday morning?
A lot of people get there Thursday and stake out a spot. Not sure of the times. A buddy did last year, I think he got there Thursday evening and setup his tent.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts