Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
From checking the time stamps on my photos from the past two years it's looking like I arrived Thursday night and staked my spot early Friday morning at 6 AM. Each year I had first pick of the section. I'm thinking I might do the same. I didn't even know you could stake out on Thursdays.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
While you might not be able to park your car on the grounds on Friday, if you take a canopy or tent, you can go into the fairgrounds and essentially mark your spot and set up your canopy a day ahead. Then you don't have to struggle to search around for a spot when the modern car section gets overrun with participants as it has in recent years. I would also recommend checking out the Thursday night cruise at the Expo Center across the street from the fairgrounds.
Good idea but one cannot park on Thursday, not Friday. Perhaps you meant Thursday.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Getting ready to register for the event. There is a 10% discount until June 8th. Also I see a space for "coupon code". Anyone have a code or know where to get a code? What value is the coupon code?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Carlisle Events is offering a Memorial Day Package Sale with a 20% discount thru May 26th. I registered for the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals. The Fan Package (includes showfield, diecast van, and t-shirt) June 1st deadline price was $90. The current registration price is now $85. The Show and Shirt package is now $72 (was $85).

·
Registered
631 Posts
this is just a thought for anyone going and need's a hotel room for the weekend .i was all set to go with showfield and hotel payed for. unfortunately i fell and broke my back and cannot attend this year. not sure if i can do this but i would sell my room at the Ramada Harrisburg

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Saw an article yesterday that the Pennsylvania health department is trying to shut it down, not sure of the status.
Carlisle Events statement
Carlisle Events provided the followings statement:
"This morning (June 17, 2020), Carlisle Events received notice of a lawsuit filed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health in the Commonwealth Court. The filing seeks to apply and enforce the Department’s 250-person COVID-19 limit to outdoor events, such as our Spring Carlisle event, which opened this morning. We have retained counsel and intend to vigorously defend this action.
"Similar to other large outdoor entertainment venues and amusement parks that have or are scheduled to open under the Green Phase in southcentral Pennsylvania, our approximately 100-acre event facility provides ample space for vendors and patrons to interact in a responsible manner, consistent with the CDC’s social distancing and other COVID-19 guidelines.
"Carlisle Events has worked tirelessly to put on this event in a socially responsible manner and will continue to do so. We believe the Department of Health’s Order is invalid. Even if the Order is valid, the Department has erred in its application to outside events such as ours, or has acted arbitrarily in seeking to enforce the order against us, while permitting other entertainment venues to open.
"We very much appreciate the business and support of our patrons and vendors during this time, and we hope that we will be able to continue to provide quality entertainment events that have become such an important part of our local and regional economy for the next forty-five years and more."

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,867 Posts
this is just a thought for anyone going and need's a hotel room for the weekend .i was all set to go with showfield and hotel payed for. unfortunately i fell and broke my back and cannot attend this year. not sure if i can do this but i would sell my room at the Ramada Harrisburg
So VERY sorry for your accident. Please take care of yourself and heal up quickly. Prayers for a speedy recovery for you.

·
Politically correct.
11,080 Posts
Carlisle Events statement
Carlisle Events provided the followings statement:
"This morning (June 17, 2020), Carlisle Events received notice of a lawsuit filed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health in the Commonwealth Court. The filing seeks to apply and enforce the Department’s 250-person COVID-19 limit to outdoor events, such as our Spring Carlisle event, which opened this morning. We have retained counsel and intend to vigorously defend this action.
"Similar to other large outdoor entertainment venues and amusement parks that have or are scheduled to open under the Green Phase in southcentral Pennsylvania, our approximately 100-acre event facility provides ample space for vendors and patrons to interact in a responsible manner, consistent with the CDC’s social distancing and other COVID-19 guidelines.
"Carlisle Events has worked tirelessly to put on this event in a socially responsible manner and will continue to do so. We believe the Department of Health’s Order is invalid. Even if the Order is valid, the Department has erred in its application to outside events such as ours, or has acted arbitrarily in seeking to enforce the order against us, while permitting other entertainment venues to open.
"We very much appreciate the business and support of our patrons and vendors during this time, and we hope that we will be able to continue to provide quality entertainment events that have become such an important part of our local and regional economy for the next forty-five years and more."
Our (Pa.) governor has to go!!!!! He's a f'in a$$hole!!!!
He'll try to stop Carlisle but will march and protest with thousands of BLM people!!! Covid-19 ignorant!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Our (Pa.) governor has to go!!!!! He's a f'in a$$hole!!!!
He'll try to stop Carlisle but will march and protest with thousands of BLM people!!! Covid-19 ignorant!!!

:mad::mad::mad:
Maybe we can get the event renamed Chrysler Nationals DEMONSTRATION and that will be OK with the guvmnt.

·
Registered
631 Posts
jkelly16 thanks for your post about Carlisle . I looked at my hotel contract and I can't do anything like I was trying to do.
betty and john thanks for the well wishes . what a way to start my retirement I fall and brake my back after driving truck for 40 years. I know it's been awhile that I posted anything might have get back more often

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
jkelly16 thanks for your post about Carlisle . I looked at my hotel contract and I can't do anything like I was trying to do.
betty and john thanks for the well wishes . what a way to start my retirement I fall and brake my back after driving truck for 40 years. I know it's been awhile that I posted anything might have get back more often
Magnum - I send my best and a prayer for your recovery - Sincerely, Jim

·
Dazed & Confused
35,654 Posts
Hope you recover quickly from that fall.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
For what it's worth I broke mine also with Spinal Cord Injury. 18 years now. Spent a year in a chair and two in therapy. Have some side effects but up and around with some limitations. Hope you heal quickly and if you want PM me with any questions.

·
Dazed & Confused
35,654 Posts
Looks like the health dept backed down...

21 - 40 of 80 Posts