Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
No it does not, if a failure can be traced back to it then the warranty could be declined on that failure.
The way I understand it (my disclaimer!), things like this are covered under The Magnuson–Moss Act. This is why when you put a FRAM oil or air filter on your car, the Dealer can't invalidate your powertrain warranty because you didn't use an OEM part.
If the Dealership/maker requires you to use an OEM part to maintain warranty, I believe they then have to provide that part free of charge (?). This is also how you can get work done outside of a dealership, like oil changes and still maintain your powertrain warranty.
So, not everything voids a warranty.
How many times have we all heard "Oh, that's not covered under your warranty" anyways! :p

·
Registered
709 Posts
The thing I like about modding my car is to make it "mine". I enjoy working on my car (usually), because I am adding to it. Some of the work has been done with my Son, which makes it special as well. I swapped out my chin spoiler with my dad and son, in my garage. That is not something for which I can "just trade up".
Some people are afraid to change their own wipers, which is why Auto parts stores offer that service. I enjoy the challenge and sense of accomplishment of changing my own wipers. Neither way is wrong.

Sometimes there is more than just "trading up" as an option.

That said, yes, there are limits to performance mods. Biggest is SC. Second is Tuner. The rest is just fun!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
1,048 Posts
Does anyone make a cam package for the V6? I see these threads but I never see anyone saying Comp Cams makes this or Crane Cams makes that. Yes I know it would be a 4 piece cam package but I am just curious. I picked up over 80 WHP with a cam and Long tubes (I know about your header situation) on a 5.7L

·
Registered
709 Posts
Does anyone make a cam package for the V6? I see these threads but I never see anyone saying Comp Cams makes this or Crane Cams makes that. Yes I know it would be a 4 piece cam package but I am just curious. I picked up over 80 WHP with a cam and Long tubes (I know about your header situation) on a 5.7L
I've never seen any.
Prodigy makes some forged internals (Piston, Head bolts, Deck plate -IIRC). But that's about the only things I've seen to internal parts.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Looked it up:

Head Bolts, Block Guard, Rods, Pistons. Bundle is $4,200.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just read this from:

Despite the four variants of the 3.6 already being sold — rear drive (290 hp), AWD (292 hp), FWD (283 hp), and Challenger (305 hp), there are just two head designs, two intake manifolds, and one set of internal components, including cam and pistons (this probably changed when they added the Ram setup, 305 hp, though the rep said the main advantage in the Ram was the space available for the exhaust), according to an SAE article by Paul Weissler. The Challenger's 13 horsepower increase is due to "a more aggressively designed intake air system" which increased airflow from 214 to 220 g/s.

That's a lot of HP from a stock CAI.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,677 Posts
The engine would require 4 Cams its a Dual Over Head Cam Design. (DOHC) currently no one makes a kit for it. Even if they did the issue then becomes the Head is still a one piece cast with the exhaust header attached to it. Probably end up spending a few grand if they did.

·
Registered
128 Posts
...'Resonator delete' ........once removed, the exhaust Drone at certain RPMs will make you crazy. (n)(n)
Sorry to 'hijak' this post, going a bit of subject. I was reading above. Last week my cut off valves arrived. i own a 2016 V6. Want to have a bit more exhaust sound. Not all the time and not so loud i get pulled over. I was thinking about loosen up the rear part (with the resonators) of the exhaust at first (screw connections) to get a impression of the sound it get. I thought i might be better a place them not directly behind the cat's if i do not want a very loud exhaust. Than decide to put the valves after the cat's or after the mufflers. Reading this, could this be the wrong approach ? because the drone will be there only when driving it ? Thanks in advance 👍

·
Registered
128 Posts
SXT 3.6 Pentastars truthfully will not get a Kick Butt TONE they sound like an Import Sports car as best not worth the major money to mod the exhaust.........
That exectly is why i choose the valves, it is a quit cheap mod.

·
Registered
128 Posts
For the biggest effect, put them after the cats and before the mufflers.
Thanks, this i cannot test, i have to cut the pipes. if you should give a example how loud. is it so loud that people going to stick vingers in ears when i drive along ? Maybe strange question..... ??

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Thanks, this i cannot test, i have to cut the pipes. if you should give a example how loud. is it so loud that people going to stick vingers in ears when i drive along ? Maybe strange question..... ??
There are videos of them on Youtube but I have never seen them on a V6. I am getting them installed on my 5.7L in May.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
okay, thanks. i might be the first 1 posting a video then :)
If you search V6 Exhaust Cutouts on Youtube you will probably find more than one. I never saw one because when I searched it, I searched 5.7L Hemi Challenger with.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you search V6 Exhaust Cutouts on Youtube you will probably find more than one. I never saw one because when I searched it, I searched 5.7L Hemi Challenger with.....
of course i searched. most is change of complete exhaust system, or straight pipe or so. Not easy to get a feeling how loud something is. I like to have a louder system, but not anoying for neighbours etc. we'll see (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well thats definitely not what I wanted to here but that is what I heard about the v6 no power gains naturally aspirated I am happy with my v6 it is surprisingly quick but I want an edge over the 3.6
I have a 19 challenger i added cold air intake and a stage 3 performance in chip I’m push 386 as of right now

21 - 40 of 53 Posts