Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
A stage 3 performance in chip ??? Ummm ok ... Looks like a marketed Snake Oil Toy Throttle Response Enhancer. You do realize the PCM is LOCKED on a 2019!!! So unless that is replaced or professionally unlocked your not going to have that kind of HP with a SXT not gonna happen!!! Then even with an Unlocked PCM a good Diablo Tune Professionally setup and 89 Non Ethanol Fuel maybe 314 rwhp pushing it with all tweaks. CAI only adds a whopping 3 to 5hp range at best and they add no more HP then a good High Quality high flow Air Filter just look cool. If your going by false advertised claims and just put that on if you real Dyno it your in for a huge let down very huge. No way will that kind of HP with the Pentastar V6 221 Ci Engine go up to those numbers with the CAI and Device you mentioned. I was an ASE Mechanic for over 2 decades its not possible...

Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
I'm pushing probably 380-400hp at the crank with all my mods (every N/A mod plus a custom hemifever tune). No tune or "chip" and CAI alone can get even close to 350hp.

Reactions: shooterjgs

Registered
Those "performance chips" are a resistor inside a plastic case that intercepts the Intake temp. sensor and makes the PCM think the engine is still cold and it richen's the mixture slightly. They charge like $79.99 for that 29 cent part.
But the dummies don't know that.
-John
As I said Snake Oil.... Aka Plecbo with deceptive Marketing and Fake Ad's and Reviews by their own Site Creator.
Can't believe how many fall or think there is Performance Chips made for Modern PCM's. Then again CAI is another deceptive Product that does absolutely Minimal for a Mint.
Site Stage 3 Performance Chip ODBII Module for Smart ?????? $280.99 - now $229.95 and let's see this will boost a Locked PCM on a Challenger? LOL

Registered
I'm pushing probably 380-400hp at the crank with all my mods (every N/A mod plus a custom hemifever tune). No tune or "chip" and CAI alone can get even close to 350hp.
Would like to see a Chassis Dyno on that to see Actual Numbers not saying anything but would be nice to see a Printout so see the Power Curve etc.,

Registered
Would like to see a Chassis Dyno on that to see Actual Numbers not saying anything but would be nice to see a Printout so see the Power Curve etc.,
You're telling me. I'd kill to have a Dyno nearby. The 380-400hp was just my hp guess based on track runs, 0-60 improvements, and supposed 'gains' from mods.

After doing math:
If I can pull about 300-315whp at a dyno (doable), with the 16.4% power loss of the eight speed (255whp/305bhp), that should give about 365-380hp at the flywheel (309whp = 370bhp, 318whp = 380bhp).

If I'm ever in an area with a Dyno. I'd love to bring it in and do a run, and possibly tweak my tune to fit perfectly (not hating on Hemifever though, he's awesome).

Also, on 2019 Challengers, I believe you even need to install a secondary OBD II port for the unlocked PCM (correct me if I'm wrong).

Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
Then your 1/4 mile ets should be mid 13s. 0-60 should be high 4 to low 5 seconds. I can't see that with your mods.

Slower Traffic Keep Right
So.... looking at this from a different angle.... what is the standard rear gear ratio? Swap in a 3.70 gear (6 speed Hellcats) ... doesn't offer more HP, but should offer a little more kick off the line...

Registered
Then your 1/4 mile ets should be mid 13s. 0-60 should be high 4 to low 5 seconds. I can't see that with your mods.
My best is a 13.84 1/4 and a 5.4s 0-60. Without the V8 torque, I believe it's reasonable to expect those numbers with that kind of V6 horsepower. Since I'm not making 400lb/ft of torque like a 5.7, there is still a shortfall in performance numbers.

Registered
I
So.... looking at this from a different angle.... what is the standard rear gear ratio? Swap in a 3.70 gear (6 speed Hellcats) ... doesn't offer more HP, but should offer a little more kick off the line...
I looked into it. I'd seriously consider dropping in a 3.70 or 3.90, but now isn't the time for me. Maybe in the future though. It should offer a nice boost off the line, and I'm not concerned with doing 130+ on the road. Getting ready for some other things in life.

Registered
Here is what I done & I have a 2020 GT. 1st buy another new PCM if you are concerned about warranty bullshit. Get your PCM unlocked thru HP Tuners. Re-install the PCM in your car, look for Demigod tuning, buy the tuned files from his company $300.00 these guys specialize in the 3.6 you will get 40hp 40tq @ the wheels with 93 octane or E85.
Who ever said you won't feel a 50hp difference on a previous thread is dumb. I did the tune on my and you definitely feel the difference 0-60 is 5.8. Put 3.90 gears outback and you will get pinned to the seat!

Registered
Is your GT AWD or RWD? 2nd STOCK Times NO TUNE NO MODS No Special Fuel below results.............

2020 Dodge Challenger 0-60 and Quarter Mile Times
Trim Name
0-60 MPH
SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
6.3 sec
GT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
6.3 sec
SXT 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
6.3 sec
GT 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
6.3 sec

So what did you really gain with your expense? If you have the AWD you can not just change the Rear Differential because it would cause issues with the front AXLE and Transfer Case Ratio. If you got a RWD and you did that Tune etc., and you now at 5.8 vs 6.3 Stock so .5 seconds difference for how much total?

That said the 305HP is Flywheel Horsepower ...
Enjoy!!!

Oh and Luke at Steve White Motors out of North Carolina has said as of 2020 All Challengers and all Dealers now Data Log both PCM and BCM and they can tell if you swapped it so I doubt you call prove him Wrong. If you changed the Rear your Warranty is Toast btw because the Drive Train is altered.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts