Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat upgrades?

Hey guys, if anyone knows or has heard about the Hellcat design for 2020, if Dodge is planning to change the present design (exterior/interior), because I love this design (although I prefer previous hood design 2015-2018) but I want to wait a year more to buy a hellcat, but always if they don't change the exterior/interior design, and also, if there is any performance improvements. Thoughts please... What do you know and what do you recommend?

I appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Nothing have been released yet, i am waiting because i might change if Dodge bring the right package in the right color.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat upgrades?

Hey guys, if anyone knows or has heard about the Hellcat design for 2020, if Dodge is planning to change the present design (exterior/interior), because I love this design (although I prefer previous hood design 2015-2018) but I want to wait a year more to buy a hellcat, but always if they don't change the exterior/interior design, and also, if there is any performance improvements. Thoughts please... What do you know and what do you recommend?

I appreciate it!!!
https://moparinsiders.com/spotted-production-2020-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-widebody/

·
Registered
310 Posts
Every year the Challenger rumors say the "next year there will be changes " ? Yet Mustang is on a serious roll as is the coming 2020 Camaro with new pricing. Yet FCA refuses to do some serious up grades besides higher HP motors. How about offering a light weight package sporting the many 35 lb. front seats, smaller lighter battery, etc. I'm on my second Challenger but almost bought a Mustang do to it's smaller size and endless options. not everyone wants a Hell Cat but some turbo motors would be nice to help move these 4000 lb. sleds. The new Mustang 4.7 motor GT's can out run a Scat Pack 392, WTF ? If Dodge doesn't get with it the Challenger sales will tank even lower.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Mustang and Camaro are 2 seaters, You won<t be able to fit a child seat in the back. I agree, Challenger can shave some weights, but it may loose some of the muscle car DNA that is the legacy of this model. Ecoboost are not really reliable, the new GT500 is rumored to have only 720HP when the hellcat was at 707 5 years ago, the new Red Eye is at 797 bone stock. And, as for the real weight, the new mustang GT might be just under 100 pounds lighter if we stick with what was announced. As far as the look, nothing come close the the Challenger. Mustang and Camaro are just European wannabe sports car imo.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Camaro and Mustang are useless except for single people. People with kids can actually own a Challenger. I consider it very similar to a modern version of my 70 Cutlass S. Similar room and size. We have AWD, up North where there are icy roads for nearly 6 months, it kicks ass. Our sales have gone up, not down like the Camaro.

Reactions: FastMikeR1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts