Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I new to this forum and a just bought me a 2020 scat pack wide body . One question I have is the design of the hood scoops . I am hoping someone can help . I like the fact that there functional but water gets in the engine compartment and drips in the electrical box and air box . If I put a cold air intake on wouldn’t water soak the filter ever time it rains ? Is there some type of bezel that fits under the scoops ? I am a little disappointed by this .

Attachments

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,222 Posts
Welcome from AZ. If you use the Hellcat Lower airbox and headlight tube not only will you have a cold air intake but you will not have to worry about water hitting the air filter.

Reactions: friendoffur

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick response. Any idea on what’s a good site to get that ?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,222 Posts
Amazon, ebay etc.

·
Premium Member
12,281 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us...

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
welcome from south florida

·
Registered
2020 392 Scat Pack Widebody
120 Posts
Thank you for the quick response. Any idea on what’s a good site to get that ?
Yeah, you can't do a CAI without a rainshield. I just did the hellcat airbox swap on my 2020 wb. I got it off Ebay from Steve White motors for $104 shipped. That price included the lower airbox and the vent intake tube. I also upgraded the filter to a K&N for $52 from my local autoparts store. So I got the whole deal for around $160. The entire swap took about 15 mins once I got the endcap from the intake tube off. The 2 torx 10 screws that hold the cap on are a huge PITA to get off.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,716 Posts
Welcome to the group!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts