·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

Greetings... this is my 2020 Scat Pack... I was wanting to upgrade the throttle body on this and I was wondering what is the biggest you can install without having to run a tune one it. At the moment I am looking to just bolt and go kind of thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You !.. I love this color as well. That is the number 1 compliment I get on this along with the work for the custom badges in the back. I did not know that about the TB... I knew past a certain size you HAD to get a tune on it. I am not looking to get a huge jump for HP just trying to get it to breathe better. Already added the Hellcat intake and box. I actually have not put lowering springs on it yet. I want to but there is an issue with the driveway at my house. I already have to be VERY careful coming in and out of the drive, so for the moment I have put off the lowering springs.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thank You !.. I love this color as well. That is the number 1 compliment I get on this along with the work for the custom badges in the back. I did not know that about the TB... I knew past a certain size you HAD to get a tune on it. I am not looking to get a huge jump for HP just trying to get it to breathe better. Already added the Hellcat intake and box. I actually have not put lowering springs on it yet. I want to but there is an issue with the driveway at my house. I already have to be VERY careful coming in and out of the drive, so for the moment I have put off the lowering springs.
The minuscule gains are nor going to come close to justifying the expense. Put the money into something useful like cermaic coating and PPF.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
4,252 Posts
Dodge left little on the table with the 392. To their credit. Look somewhere else. Beautiful car by the way! (y)

• Helpful
Reactions: RyzRT

·
Registered
20 Posts
+1 for what the others said. Many do not help at all and cost quite a few Benjamins.

I did swap mine, but only because I found a gently used Fastman TB on sale from someone who had sold their Challenger. The Fastman units are one of the few that dyno numbers state do help, albeit only slightly. Around 5 HP gain. I probably wouldn't pay full new price ($400+) for only 5 HP, but I got it for roughly half price or so. Don't notice the HP, but it does have a little better, smoother throttle. Still probably wasn't worth the $ to HP ratio, but its our fun car, so the wife lets me spend a little more on it as a hobby compared to the other vehicles.

Reactions: CharlesC

·
Registered
76 Posts
View attachment 309449
View attachment 309448
View attachment 309447
View attachment 309446

Greetings... this is my 2020 Scat Pack... I was wanting to upgrade the throttle body on this and I was wondering what is the biggest you can install without having to run a tune one it. At the moment I am looking to just bolt and go kind of thing.
I have a 95mm Grenatelli (spelling?) Throttle on mine, before I tuned it with a diablo ecu, it did make a noticeable gain in throttle response. The opening on the throttle is now bigger than the manifold even after I ported my manifold. I am also runing a silicone smooth tube and hellcat upper/lower airbox. In my case the entire air intake from airbox to runners is a constant step down from bigger to smaller. It works really well from the standpoint of response and mid range performance.

Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part Metal

Automotive tire Fluid Gas Automotive wheel system Circle

Automotive lighting Helmet Window Drinkware Gas

Motor vehicle Gas Camera lens Auto part Film camera

1 - 11 of 11 Posts