Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know yet what will be changing for the 2022 Hellcats? I'm thinking of moving from my 2016 Scat Pack Challenger to a Hellcat, but want to be sure I can get a build that I like.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,743 Posts
If you are looking for a widebody red eye quite a few changes. Jailbreak

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are looking for a widebody red eye quite a few changes. Jailbreak
Well, I was just thinking a base-model Hellcat (if any HC can be considered a "base model").

What I really, really want is the exact same config that I have on my 2016 - manual trans, H-K audio, and leather/alcantara seats but without the "driver convenience group" and without the "tech package".

I have zero interest in buying a car with either of those two option groups. Worst case, I'll just live with the cloth seats, I guess.....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
475 Posts
Be aware that there was not even 1 HC with M6 built in 2021. I almost ordered one but ended up going with the Scat Pack. Glad I did or I would still be waiting. Still, an M6 HC would be a blast!
Good luck and keep us updated.

Reactions: FullThrottle64

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t think Dodge cares. Real soon you won’t even be able to get a Hellcat of any trim/tranny so go get the Mach 1……..if you can.
What I am hearing is that it's less about what Dodge wants to do and more about what emissions regulations are forcing them to do. I'm now hearing that the 2022 Mustangs will also be detuned as a result.

I already had to pay the gas guzzler tax on my M6 Scat Pack, so it's clear that or some reason the rules don't like manuals. My take, though, is simple - just set an appropriate tax and let those of us who want that drivetrain pay for it. If it's an extra $1,000 or whatever, fine - just don't remove the choice.

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack
89 Posts
What I am hearing is that it's less about what Dodge wants to do and more about what emissions regulations are forcing them to do. I'm now hearing that the 2022 Mustangs will also be detuned as a result.

I already had to pay the gas guzzler tax on my M6 Scat Pack, so it's clear that or some reason the rules don't like manuals. My take, though, is simple - just set an appropriate tax and let those of us who want that drivetrain pay for it. If it's an extra $1,000 or whatever, fine - just don't remove the choice.
I’m ok and agree with that. Hoping for a M6 HC doesn’t look like its in the cards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts