Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Welcome to the 29th Photo Contest Theme and Discussion Thread.

Use this thread for any discussion relating to the theme of the 29th photo contest.

Any conversation not related to the theme will be deleted.

Theme: Vanishing Point Of View

Okay, this will allow for some creativity!!!! = One can either re create a scene from the movie "Vanishing Point" with their own Challenger or take a photo of their own Challenger with a sign or object that has relevance / reference to the movie. I would like submissions to be a NEW PHOTO specific to this contest !!! Do not use any previous photos from other contests, make a new one. Please crack out the cameras, have some fun, and create some new art !!!

In case you missed it, here is a sample pic that Randy has provided to spark your imagination.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This contest will be slightly tough. I'll be using the original movie as my guide. Be prepared to defend your shot in how it relates to the movie if it comes under scrutiny. All current rules apply as well. If your pic is dis-qualified, you will have to wait for the next contest to make another submission.

You have been warned...................LOL :4-wavey:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
I can hear the people at Amazon now......... "WTF???? We're selling out of Vanishing Point!!!"
Ha! Ha! I just got my DVD in the mail yesterday from Amazon! You must be a mind reader. I have been wanting to get it for some time, and this contest was a good reminder.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Ha! Ha! I just got my DVD in the mail yesterday from Amazon! You must be a mind reader. I have been wanting to get it for some time, and this contest was a good reminder.

In my research for the two trips we did ,I found out so much about how a movie was made,

The film starts in the Denargo district at the time, in Down town Denver, now Coors field resides there, Kowalski drove south on Colorado Blvd ,and they then show him headed west on I70 ,the first chase ensues , what looks like Colorado is actually Austin Nevada,

they used the loneliest road in America Hiway 50 for alot of footage from different angles in some cases he is headed east the wrong way and another editing funny was in one short scene he is actually driving the car on the right side

, and the jaguar chase was filmed on a small road north of Moab Utah,the end crash scene was filmed in Cisco Utah , just a few tid bits :Hey: I have a small obsession for the movie it is HUGE in Europe ,they like the movie more than we did and also did anybody know there is a European version with an added love scene ,for some reason it was removed for American audiences

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Drewcrane,

That is great, bet those trips were fun! Great photo, thanks for putting it up and in the contest! This contest might also turn out to be a Vanishing Point thread! It is all good!!!

·
Premium Member
470 Posts

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
When I got my DVD from Amazon, I didn't know it, but the American version is on one side and the UK version is on the other!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.