Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is near Johnson City TN i have a 3.08 open differential that came out of a 2010 RT Plus with 4500 miles on it. I replaced it with a 3.09 LSD and its like new. Id rather not ship it as i have no way to carry it after its packed. I will take 100 dollars for it if anyone has any use for it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Keith, I doubt very seriously you could even give that away, to ship it would cost a lot, it weighs about 80 lbs.
Give your local automotive recycler a call they'll give you something for it, that's better than nothing and occupying space. Ry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I would give it to someone as I have no use for it. I know a man who sells scrap metal. Ill give it to him to put in his pile. I don't need the money and maybe he can get a couple of bucks for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have my 3.07 open sitting in the corner of my garage (Just in case). Just a thought. GLWS
I thought it was a 3.07 but uts a 3.08. I might leave it and change out my lsd if I trade for another A8 Rt and save me from buying another one.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Reactions: Mopar_NoCar

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I put a 3.09 LSD in it, what is a ZF 3.08 out of? Why so many close gear ratios? I thought the 3.08 was a Getrag or whatever????
I put a 3.09 LSD in mine as well because it was such a close ratio to the 3.07, after checking with Steve White Parts they assured me it was basically plug and play with zero problems and they were 100% correct.

If you could see the rest of the numbers clearly you could just Google it regarding the 3.08 if you are that curious but you can't see the first of the part #.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
@Keith1960 Welcome to the ForumZ by the way from South Carolina! :) Ry

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you have the room, hold onto it. Given Challenger's highly functional traction control system, I don't see the need for the LSD. McLaren uses an open differential on all of the their vehicles. I believe it was McLaren who invented traction control. i.e. Torque Vectoring.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If you have the room, hold onto it. Given Challenger's highly functional traction control system, I don't see the need for the LSD. McLaren uses an open differential on all of the their vehicles. I believe it was McLaren who invented traction control. i.e. Torque Vectoring.

If you don't see the need, you aren't driving in anything but dry weather. My present car with the LSD is light years better than my old one, even with a lot more power. I got stuck several times in my old car solely due to the open rear.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you don't see the need, you aren't driving in anything but dry weather. My present car with the LSD is light years better than my old one, even with a lot more power. I got stuck several times in my old car solely due to the open rear.
I drive in rain quite a bit. OD w/TC works perfectly. I had OD w/TC vehicle while living in Ohio. Rain, sleet, snow... never an issue. I also like the fact that I can turn TC on and off. The fact that you cannot use an emergency spare (rear) w/LSD makes me lean to the OD. It's smooth, quiet and works perfectly for street... what's not to love? In an off-road vehicle, sure... LSD is tits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts