Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back Tuesday morning and I'm playing catch-up so I'll be posting our trip in pieces has I get the time.
Let me just start by saying....that was a looooooooooong trip in a very limited time for me and Cindy so there was a ton of stuff we didn't get to do. The Challenger was perfect the whole trip and we where VERY lucky to have left at three in the morning on Tuesday the 18th becouse we missed the rush hour traffic in just about every big city the whole 3 days getting to Irvine Cal. Also we had perfect weather the whole way...and missed the dust storms in Arizona. Our first stop for the night coming from Beaumont Tx. was in Van Horn Tx. and that was about 600 and some miles the first day and we where still in Texas...LOL I didn't start snapping a few pics till we hit Arizona on day 2.

Our next night stay was in Blythe Ca. and I'm pretty sure these shots where day 3 in Ca.

There was snow still on some mountains.

The last 100 miles or so to our hotel in Irvine was late in the afternoon and the reality shock of Ca. traffic really hit home on hwy 91. I really don't see how people live and deal with that every day but I guess you just get used to it...LOL
Like I said... I'll post more here has I get the time.:smileup:

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Great Pics!

Keep those pics coming, Dan! :rep:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,087 Posts
Great pictures Dan!! I love that early picture with the moon out! So cool, looking forward to the rest. You certainly drove a lot of miles. Guess the good thing is you got to do it in your lovely beast!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,945 Posts
Great pics, thanks Dan.

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great pictures Dan!! I love that early picture with the moon out! So cool, looking forward to the rest. You certainly drove a lot of miles. Guess the good thing is you got to do it in your lovely beast!!
Yeah me too!!...As I'm sure you know...the pics just don't do justice to what it was really like.:4-wavey:

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,087 Posts
Thanks for sharing Dan, it helps me to forget the snow mountains I have over here.

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We wanted to get settled in to our room in Ca. in time to make the gathering at the Beach Burger Thursday evening in Huntington Beach. Little did I know how far away 12 miles or so could be in Ca. rush hour traffic!! I still say without a GPS or smart phone...it is a small miracle we got there and back...lol

Friday morning we wanted to be first in line at the detailing place that was only about 5 miles away since it was first come first serve. I have the one shot of our car out front when we got there...but...DANG....somehow I deleted the pics of the car going through the process alongside a black with red stripes GT500 and a whole host of high end cars I'll never be able to afford...lol:4-dontknow:

Those folks did a GREAT job on the car inside and out for about 140 bucks and I was really feeling good driving back to the hotel with the windows down in our gleaming car. Stuck in the right most lane by traffic with our hotel in sight...the last traffic light turns red and we come to a stop with some kind of work trucks on our right side in the "bikes only" lane. If I had known...I would have run that light!!!!!! We are sitting there and suddenly some workers start feeding palm fronds in what I now see is a tow behind chipper shredder engulfing us in a huge cloud of fine particals...all over the car....coming in the windows....the whole 9 yards...DANG!!!!!:shakehead:
We had a BIG surprise when we got back to our hotel parking lot but that will have to be later folks...got to go back to work.:shakehead:

·
More Than Just A Car
20,781 Posts
Great pics.... Keep them coming, it's nice to see nice weather and that green stuff that grows out of the ground... What's that called again... Grass :)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Hey Dan, it was GREAT to FINALLY meet you face to face after 4 years of knowing you.

Maybe, we'll try to bribe to warden to let you out again for the LoneStar MoParFest in October.
LOL

Man, it was really a pleasure hanging with you and Cindy.

Tony

Reactions: friendoffur

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Dan, it was GREAT to FINALLY meet you face to face after 4 years of knowing you.

Maybe, we'll try to bribe to warden to let you out again for the LoneStar MoParFest in October.
LOL

Man, it was really a pleasure hanging with you and Cindy.

Tony
The same here for sure Tony...was great to see you are almost like normal people....LMAO...inside joke ya'll.:hah:

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Great Pics Dan! Thanks for sharing! I had to snicker bit about the incident with the chipper dust. I mean it's ironic that after such a fine job of having a detail job done to have that happen. I had to ask myself if you weren't set up by someone jealous of such fine looking ride as yours! Enjoy the Journey! Lou.

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So after the disaster with the chipper-shredder...I pull into our hotel parking lot in non too good a mood...and there right where we have been parking is this great looking Challenger.

The woman driving it and the man in the passenger side start getting out and I'm like....no way!! I had told Terry (PetriTL) where we would be staying but hadn't made any plans to meet anywhere!! I get out and say...Terry??? Dennis???? OMG....bad mood instantly GONE!!!...LOL I get a big ole hug and instantly a long time internet friend is like we have known eachother forever. Now let me tell you...these are two first class people that anyone would be lucky to know!! We went into the Dennys right there and had a bite to eat and talk. Terry and Cindy where like instant sisters and I truly could tell I really liked Dennis within the first 5 minuits. So after a bit...Terry says...lets get over to the Doubletree before there isn't any place to park. Now I knew about the big gathering that day there but since I wasn't staying there and was having trouble getting around this new place...I hadn't really planned on going to this...especially after the ordeal I had getting to and from the Beach Burger gathering the evening before. Terry made sure we went and boy am I ever glad....IT WAS GREAT!!!! THANKS you two!!! DoubleTree gathering photos to come everyone.:D

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This car had hand painted murals in several places that just blew me away...you might have to enlarge the pics to really see the fantastic detail The theme is obvious..LOL

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.