Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find anyone who has posted their 0-60 times pre and post Tuner installation. So...any of you who have gone the tuner route, what has it done for you, BESIDES the "it feels stronger" statement?
I'm looking for actual results, not "it should" statements, please. What was your best right before the Tune, and was is your best after the Tune.
I just would like to hear some actual accounts, not conjecture.
"Just the facts ma'am".
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive never gotten a tune or anything like that but my best 0-60 is a 5.5 with an AFE cai. It was like 30 out but hey it still counts lolz. Im sure with a good tune and a few more parts I and anyone else could easily get that down to a 5 flat.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a V6?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
A custom tune dropped my ET around .25 over the stock tune after adjusting for DA differences. This is on a 392 though. I would email Sean at Hemifever Tuning and see what kind of hp gains his customers with 3.6L are seeing.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read about 20hp maybe. I am interested in real world results on 0 to 60.
Are you saying .25 in 0 to 60 on a 392? I would think that correlates to very little gain for a 3.6L...

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
About .25 off my 1/4 mile ET. My previous best 0-60 was 3.6 with the stock tune and stock wheels/drag radials. My best 0-60 time is now 3.3 seconds with the tune and lightweight wheels. I'm guessing .1 or so came from the wheels (about 80lbs lighter) and the other .2 coming from the tune.

Sean has a lot of 3.6L customers, I'm sure he could give you an idea of what to expect in terms of performance gains.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
On the 392's it's 20-25hp. My 1/4 ET's reflect around a .3-.35 drop over last year after correcting for DA. My Racestars and front skinnies dropped 80lbs off the car so likely .1 drop from those. I'm not sure how much of a pick up the 3.6L's get. I know my car didn't drop .35 off the ET last year just from my Racestars and front skinnies. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was getting 6.2 to 6.3 on a stock 2015 SXT. I did the Hemifever tune with the Diablo ECM and Trinity Tuner and get 5.6 to 5.8 same place and same conditions each run. About an 1/8 tank of 91 octane .. Running RE71R sticky tires with no spin sport mode with the ABS off.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can normally hit a 6.1 in most conditions. All time best was 5.7, in winter with 18" winter tires. I think they flex more like a drag wheel to keep grip?

Anyone else get a similar increase in ET with a tuner?

Reactions: Adman98

·
Banned
245 Posts
I normally get around 5.8 - 5.7 with just a slightly altered hellcat lower intake and high flow filter and a modified exhaust. I've gotten 5.6 a few times and a few days ago, I got 5.5 somehow. All of those have been in 20 - 40 degree weather though.

I've heard a tune would really wake up the engine. But other factors come into play as well like temperature and location altitude from what I understand.

There's a guy on Youtube named Mr. Pentastar that has a suped up 3.6 (larger throttle body, diablo tune, modified exhaust, Airaid intake, and a few other things.) According to his last dyno, he was pushing around 331whp but still getting around 7 second 0-60. He says there's a higher altitude where he is though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been trying to find anyone who has posted their 0-60 times pre and post Tuner installation. So...any of you who have gone the tuner route, what has it done for you, BESIDES the "it feels stronger" statement?
I'm looking for actual results, not "it should" statements, please. What was your best right before the Tune, and was is your best after the Tune.
I just would like to hear some actual accounts, not conjecture.
"Just the facts ma'am".
Thanks!
I have my 2019 pitch black challenger SXT best time at 5.9 seconds ... and that’s with magnaflow cat back exhaust and a stock hellcat cold air intake with headlight pop out

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I have a 2019 SXT. Custom high flow exhaust, hellcat air box/ high flow filter with 3 1/2" air intake,also headlight intake, Diablo trinity 2 with 91 octane tune/trans tune from sean over at HemiFever. 3.07 gears
prior to mods i ran a consistent 6.1. after mods I run 5.3 with the occasional 5.1

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ive never gotten a tune or anything like that but my best 0-60 is a 5.5 with an AFE cai. It was like 30 out but hey it still counts lolz. Im sure with a good tune and a few more parts I and anyone else could easily get that down to a 5 flat.
I pulled a 0-60 in 5.7 with an aFe CAI and AirRaid Throttle Body spacer. I had sport mode on and traction control off. How did you get 5.5????

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get 5.9 @stock with 2017 SXT, with the K&N replacement air filter & sport mode on I get 6.0-6.1...
(@95 ROZ, German Super = ~91 US-Octane)

//Andy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man...love this car (3.6 GT AWD)! Without mods Getting 6.1 - 6.2 on average. Best time was 5.9 on a cold March night. Been messing around with a Sawyer throttle Maxx Boost and low end torque response feels great but it lowered my 0-60 time to 6.3 - 6.4. I would say 0-30 MPH with Max Boost is quicker but there is no performance page timer for that stat for 0-30. Feels nice but no additional HP beyond 30 MPH.

update...added Mopar OEM hellcat CAI box / duct, K&N filter and removed headlight. Pulling 5.9 consistently (no sport mode and removed Sawer Max Boost).

1 - 20 of 77 Posts