Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
How are you able to change the 0 - 60 recorder to 1/8 and 1,000 feet, is that done with the tune? I guess my 5.6 is pretty decent with only a CAI change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How are you able to change the 0 - 60 recorder to 1/8 and 1,000 feet, is that done with the tune? I guess my 5.6 is pretty decent with only a CAI change.
Appreciate that, my exhaust setup is a after market x pipe, pypes violator mufflers, and flowfx round mufflers for my resonators, give it a deeper tone with a growl, I think deeper tone is the best setup for a V6, and I have a z automotive tazer, it unlocks super track pack, which unlocks all the performance features

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I have a 2015 Wrangler with the older Pentastar. . .but the first thing I did was replace the PCM with one from Diablosport and I bought their tuner. To date, I have done the following:

• 10% richer mixture (rumbles and has more grunt)
  • 7 degrees advance on timing
  • Idle set at 800rpms
I also turned traction control off completely, which really makes a huge difference. I took it and had it dyno'd a few weeks ago and I am producing 233 horses at the wheel. . .which ain't bad for a motor that is rated a 285 at the crank. I haven't dyno'd it since replacing the intake with the PUG unit. . .but after the results I've gotten, I am a firm believer in the custom tune. Somebody on this forum said it one time. . .the stock tune really restricts these motors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did 5.7sec. 0-60mph 2018 RWD SXT+ 3.6 V6 Stock nokian winter tires with stud on pave this winter...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got 5.8 on my first 0-100 km/h run, all stock with sportmode and traction off, no launch. Brand new SXT -18. Following runs were 6-6.2 until i recently installed magnaflow competition cat back, giving me a couple of 5.8 runs again. Apparently the SXTs (2018) sold in Sweden are tuned lightly to 310HP 🤔

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
For those of you that recognize that the cats are the choke point in the exhaust system and that there are no performance cats to be had, You may read on. I wanted to do the same to my 2018 Grand Cherokee. I know all about performance cats because I did a Complete SOLO High flow cats and complete exhaust system to my 2013 RT 5.7 Before that I had done the BBK shorty headers with the stock system. The car really woke up after the high flow cats.
That's enough of that.
Here is what I did to the Jeep. I went to a "Real" muffler shop where they had tools to make their own pipes on a mandrel tubing bender and I brought along my stock head pipes off the RT. Needless to say, I now have 5.7 stock cats on My Jeep 3.6 engine. YES... there is a difference. Knew it as soon as I hit the gas out of the shop. A LOT more bottom end. No dyno to prove it but Very noticeable. Now the bad part. The job completely blows! Getting off those headpipes is a nightmare. And they had to come off and on twice. Once after all the cutting and tack welding and then to do a full welding job. It took over 6 hours to get it done. On a Challenger, I'm not sure anyone would want to do this unless you "know a guy" willing to put up with the nightmare. NOW... there are tons of cat 5.7 'takeoffs' when guys have put high flow cats on the 5.7 cars. You all could probably get a set on this forum. Yes... there will be a big performance gain. Should you do it. I don't know if I could recommend it as the best thing one could do. You gotta make your own decision.
-John

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got 5.8 on my first 0-100 km/h run, all stock with sportmode and traction off, no launch. Brand new SXT -18. Following runs were 6-6.2 until i recently installed magnaflow competition cat back, giving me a couple of 5.8 runs again. Apparently the SXTs (2018) sold in Sweden are tuned lightly to 310HP 🤔

Did a 1/4 run, today temp was between 75-78 degrees, and had a 3/4 tank of gas, and DA was 1680, I let off the gas jus a tad cause the road started curving, probably would have been a 13.9, not to bad for a V6

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stock 2019 AWD SXT would average around 6.4 with the best 0-60 time at 6.2. Recently, I've added: a MOPAR cold air intake; the RIPP performance coil packs; the PUG intake manifold; and the RIPP performance exhaust. I've only been able to do a few (very sloppy) pulls and had a best run of 5.9. I may have the opportunity to do a few more this week. I'm fairly certain it may be able to slightly better. I know in your post you were asking about utilizing tuners. My numbers are bolt on parts only at the moment. I hope this information is helpful as a starting point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stock 2019 AWD SXT would average around 6.4 with the best 0-60 time at 6.2. Recently, I've added: a MOPAR cold air intake; the RIPP performance coil packs; the PUG intake manifold; and the RIPP performance exhaust. I've only been able to do a few (very sloppy) pulls and had a best run of 5.9. I may have the opportunity to do a few more this week. I'm fairly certain it may be able to slightly better. I know in your post you were asking about utilizing tuners. My numbers are bolt on parts only at the moment. I hope this information is helpful as a starting point.
Good run , keep going at it , what was the temperature when u made those runs

·
Registered
459 Posts
Appreciate that, my exhaust setup is a after market x pipe, pypes violator mufflers, and flowfx round mufflers for my resonators, give it a deeper tone with a growl, I think deeper tone is the best setup for a V6, and I have a z automotive tazer, it unlocks super track pack, which unlocks all the performance features
Eco.. your chally does sound really nice. What is the after market x-pipe? I currently have straight pipes, but am thinking about adding the x-pipe.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
158 Posts
For me, The Hemifever tune knocked off 0.2 seconds and that’s before data logging and optimizing it just for my car.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT w/Super Track Pak
47 Posts
Did a 1/4 run, today temp was between 75-78 degrees, and had a 3/4 tank of gas, and DA was 1680, I let off the gas jus a tad cause the road started curving, probably would have been a 13.9, not to bad for a V6
Have you taken it to a drag strip to compare those numbers with what the performance pages is showing?

41 - 60 of 78 Posts