Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
158 Posts
Last night with the final HemiFever tune, I pulled a 0-60 in 5.5 (unofficial, on the street). Stock, the best I could get was 6.2. I’d say the HemiFever now took off 0.3-0.4 seconds off my 0-60.

Reactions: Duh Bears

·
Registered
405 Posts
Man...love this car (3.6 GT AWD)! Without mods Getting 6.1 - 6.2 on average. Best time was 5.9 on a cold March night. Been messing around with a Sawyer throttle Maxx Boost and low end torque response feels great but it lowered my 0-60 time to 6.3 - 6.4. I would say 0-30 MPH with Max Boost is quicker but there is no performance page timer for that stat for 0-30. Feels nice but no additional HP beyond 30 MPH.

update...added Mopar OEM hellcat CAI box / duct, K&N filter and removed headlight. Pulling 5.9 consistently (no sport mode and removed Sawer Max Boost).
That is impressive, my best is 6.9 , without a bunch of playing around. The AWD really is a great all year round car. I wonder why they don't just use one style of cat? Aren't there the new expensive AFE head pipes with high flow cats? I personally don't think any aftermarket exhaust on a V6 would make me happy unless it was nearly as quiet as stock part throttle and only slightly louder at full throttle, most aren't anywhere close.

Reactions: FlatlanderSXT

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is impressive, my best is 6.9 , without a bunch of playing around. The AWD really is a great all year round car. I wonder why they don't just use one style of cat? Aren't there the new expensive AFE head pipes with high flow cats? I personally don't think any aftermarket exhaust on a V6 would make me happy unless it was nearly as quiet as stock part throttle and only slightly louder at full throttle, most aren't anywhere close.
I agree, which is why I chose to go with the RIPP exhaust as it is not super loud, especially at idle, but still adds a more refined V6 tone compared to most exhaust systems that I could find.

Reactions: 2010swse

·
Registered
76 Posts
Talking about exhaust systems. I went with the magna flow axel back at first for about a year on my 2919 SXT Sounded great for $600 plus but the drone was getting to me after a while .. finally got some extra cash to get the borla atax cat back system. It sounds frigging awesome absolutely no drone and loud as hell outside 😊 with a lot of base almost sounds like an 8 don’t tell my wife it cost $1300 plus .. lol.. worth every penny 😊

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Problem with any aftermarket exhaust is the driver's or your passenger annoyance level. We use our GT for towing our boat, any drone would be amplified, doesn't just sit at 1400 to 1500 rpm on the highway, constantly toggling through the gears. Honestly the AFE down pipes and a good full X pipe will gain the most and even AFE only claims 7hp and 11 ft/lbs of torque. The only gain on an aftermarket system is a 1/4" size, probably 5 hp and noise. I would consider the AFE down pipes and a proper X pipe but at $1300 US is a stiff price to swallow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive never gotten a tune or anything like that but my best 0-60 is a 5.5 with an AFE cai. It was like 30 out but hey it still counts lolz. Im sure with a good tune and a few more parts I and anyone else could easily get that down to a 5 flat.
i just got my car not sure what has been done besides cat backs but I’ve gotten 5.6 multiple times in auto and 5.7 2x in slapshift
Also has stock af don’t see any ecm mods and this is on regular 87 gas

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
With TB, PUG, and Coil Pack upgrades, I have bested my 5.7sec 0-60. Same conditions: 18" Snow Tires, 1/4 tank, and about 34 degrees out. Ran 0-60 in 5.6 multiple times. That was with a little bit of slippage at each takeoff, too.

Doesn't run that quick in summer though, with the 20" OEM rims.

And no tune.... yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been trying to find anyone who has posted their 0-60 times pre and post Tuner installation. So...any of you who have gone the tuner route, what has it done for you, BESIDES the "it feels stronger" statement?
I'm looking for actual results, not "it should" statements, please. What was your best right before the Tune, and was is your best after the Tune.
I just would like to hear some actual accounts, not conjecture.
"Just the facts ma'am".
Thanks!
this is in my 2019 SXT V6 with mopar cai and borla Attack exhaust and with the temperature at 32°Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
No I have every bolt on you can put on the car a ported upper and lower intake manifold, high performance ignition coils, 180 thermostat, oil catch can, 78 mm throttle body, Momentum GT cold air intake with hellcat duct, full cat back exhaust with high flow x pipe, and a custom tune with overkill Motorsports and Hemifever tuning, and my car came with the 3.07 gears also
Sounds great! What HP ignition coils did you use, and of all your mods, which are the top 3 that gave you the most HP - meaning if you could only pick 3 of all your mods?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
So does anyone have any before/after a Tuner 0-60 times?

·
Registered
158 Posts
So does anyone have any before/after a Tuner 0-60 times?
Pre Canned Tune: ~6.1 seconds
Canned Tune: ~5.9 seconds
Hemifever: ~5.5 seconds

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Pre Canned Tune: ~6.1 seconds
Canned Tune: ~5.9 seconds
Hemifever: ~5.5 seconds
Thanks! That is the kind of info I have been looking for!:D

Any bolt-ons that you have installled before, during or after?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks! That is the kind of info I have been looking for!:D

Any bolt-ons that you have installled before, during or after?
Before the Canned tune, I just had the cold air intake. After the tune, I got the coil packs and PUG intake. After the Hemifever, I got the ported throttle body. I just recently changed spark plugs as well. Even though they are only halfway through their life cycle, the RIPP coils produce a bigger charge and I have driven it at the strip a bit.

In my experience, it is definitely a compounding of mods that gives you the whole effect, not just a single part. I'd say just a tune can help the most though, even if your car has no mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It will also help out of the hole if you turn off the electronic stability control. With the car off, hold down Sport mode & traction control now start the car holding the two buttons down until you see electronic stability control is off on the tack.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts