Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm up late and was bored thinking about my chally. If I have a 2009 R/T( 2008 production year, forgot the month but its a 2009) with 20" inch wheels Automatic trans, do I have the 3.92 rear? or the 3.72. Reason I'm asking is I read an article about some models coming with a 3.72 rear, when they were supposed to be 3.92 on 20" wheel packages.
I am assuming 3.92 is the better rear to have anyway. I bought this challenger used from a dealer that really doesn't know anything about the car. Needless to say, I'd love to get some sleep and this question is just one thats twirling around in my head. :4-looney:

Thanks
BlackRT09

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On a side note, I actually know of a guy who has a Classic R/T, 2010 year I believe and he actually changed his rear to a 3.92 because he had the 3.72 rear.

·
12,989 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble but if you have an auto than more than likely you have an open ended 3.06 rear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dodgeboy. It's always good to ask. It helps me learn more. Would you suggest leaving it then because its an auto? or is there a worthwhile conversion for a later date that might be worth looking into. It sounds like something I would do AFTER I've done other things first.

Thanks,
BlackRT09

·
12,989 Posts
If your an everyday driver I would say it would be best to leave it as is, if you decide you want to do some performance mods and do some 1/4 mile track racing then I would say it would be worth looking in to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts