Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I agree that could be an issue but my experience with synthetic coating is that you can easily take a hose without an attachment and run water over the surface to "wash away" the beading and then dry it off. But what a pain to have to do that.

That person who owns that RAM may not have prepared that surface correctly and took short cuts before applying that Graphene. Wash, clay bar, and polish. Then apply the Graphene or other surface protection.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,190 Posts
I agree that could be an issue but my experience with synthetic coating is that you can easily take a hose without an attachment and run water over the surface to "wash away" the beading and then dry it off. But what a pain to have to do that.

That person who owns that RAM may not have prepared that surface before applying that Graphene. Wash, clay bar, and polish. Then apply the Graphene or other surface protection.
Yup, prep is the key.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,464 Posts
A leaf blower makes fast work of any residual water that doesn't initially run off a graphene coated finish - touchless drying for the most part. That's what I use..

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,190 Posts
A leaf blower makes fast work of any residual water that doesn't initially run off a graphene coated finish - touchless drying for the most part. That's what I use..
That is great if your humidity is not in the single digits. Even using a leaf blower the time it takes to get around the car you will have water spots. I wipe them off with a slightly moist microfiber towel.

·
Premium Member
19,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Been using a leaf blower since I got my 1st Challenger 11 + years ago. The neighbors are used to it now but the looks I got in the beginning were priceless. Not one car person in the bunch.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
158 Posts
I suppose I'm old school, but I'm happy and just stick to my good ol' carnauba wax.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I used carnauba wax exclusively on my Challenger, the other vehicles get a synthetic wax/coating.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,356 Posts

That person who owns that RAM may not have prepared that surface correctly and took short cuts before applying that Graphene. Wash, clay bar, and polish. Then apply the Graphene or other surface protection.
I bought some and have used it. Goes on fairly easy. Dries to a light haze that comes off without a lot effort. I did one panel at a time. Looks good but I’m not sure it is any better than or other polish/wax products. I also bought Adams Graphene and will apply it when I get back from Tennessee.

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8
4,308 Posts
Order came in. Apparently I ordered Detail Spray instead of the Graphene. I'll try correcting that. :cautious:

·
Trigger657
3,186 Posts
What!?! They have anti-dust technology?? I am buying now!!

Here is a revelation. Anything that reduces surface tension would also reduce the chance anything sticking to it.
I be spraying that stuff on myself before putting a tool on the Challenger next time. 'TO MUCH TENSION!'....😜

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SXT, Frostbite color, Driver Convience Pkg, Navigation and Sunroof.
90 Posts
Been using Graphene on my SXT for 6 months now. Real easy product to work with. Easy on and off.
Does not show in cracks and groves when dry if you miss in whiping off.
Cannot say it lasts longer than traditional waxes.
Worth a try if someone wants to try it. I paid $20.00 for it.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts