Dodge Challenger Forum banner

303 Graphene

5K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  bigallis1 
#1 ·
Big fan of 303 but I have never tried this product. Wondering if this is another flavor of the month easy paint coating product or is it worth trying. Any feedback from actual users ?

See less See more
#9 ·
Subscribed... I do the Adams ceramic stuff even though it's not coated and works real well... But I'm real interested in the Graphene... let us know how it works... 👍

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL
#11 ·
Wow... I'm sold... Gotta give it a try now... Thanks for the video...

Reactions: Dodgeguy
#13 ·
I have no experience with the 303 but I do with the Turtle wax black version. I have used it on the black wheels on the Charger and have to say it increased the gloss and sheds water very well. As far as longevity not bad but wheels are a harsher environment than the cars paint. I still think Zaino clear seal offers more protection. It might not have the gloss but a coat of Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Liquid Souveran wax will bring the shine up.

Reactions: shooterjgs
#14 ·
I think they make up technology or exaggerate the benefits of their so called technology.
They also call things "technology" that are not technology. Like for example, "we have surface tension reducing technology". It's just babble.

Reactions: shooterjgs
#15 ·
#18 ·
I use a combination of Turtle Wax Turtle Wax 75th Birthday Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax and Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax. These will not stain your microfibers black like the 303 Graphene product will (if that bothers you.) So far I've gotten excellent results and durability after several months of cruising. Water just dances off the finish when spraying with my Firehose nozzle. Love it so far and there is less dust sticking on the rear end of the car where it always collects in that turbulent zone under the spoiler.

Here's my write up from earlier this Spring... [Original Post w/Photos]

Very busy day...after I got my car out of storage and ran it for a while, I stripped the wax. For a wax stripper I used Turtle Wax Max Power Car Wash. Max Power offers three levels of cleaning - Moderate, Agressive and X-Treme, which is what I chose to dilute it to, as that will entirely strip all waxes off your paint and creates a clean foundation for whatever wax or other protection product you are going to apply. The only thing you have to keep in mind is to not let it dry on your paint before you rinse thoroughly. I washed and rinsed the roof first, then the trunk and then the hood and followed by doing the sides in sections, IE the quarters, doors and fenders. After I finished the stripping process I pulled it back in the garage and dried it with the new Rag Company Double Twistress drying towels I bought last week. I bought a two pack, but only needed one as that was all that was needed to completey dry all the water off my car - no wringing needed. These are great quality towels and are well worth it and allow you to dry something fast without a chance of scratching.

What brought all this project on was the fact that I had decided over the Winter to do a makeover as far as what I use for paint protection. I have been using Mequiars Ultimate synthetic wax since I took delivery nearly 5 years ago and it's served me well with the paint still being flawless and like new. A couple years back I also started using P&S Beadmaker as a top coat for the Meguiars basecoat. This added a layer of hydrophobic protection with an extra step up in gloss. The wash water literally jumped off the finish when you hit it with a hose. All of this was fine, but there are some new products that have come into the marketplace that offer more protection and extreme gloss. (I might also mention that I do not care to spend $2,000 or more to have a shop do a true Ceramic job on my car. I've got better places for that money to go.)

The products that I plan on switching to are fairly new to the paint protection market and all are made by Turtle Wax in their PRO line of paint care. After watching several Youtube video reviews, I decided that they looked promising enough to upgrade to this year. The ingredients that are supposed to make these a step above in gloss and protection are the Graphene and Ceramic elements. Here is one of the reviews on Youtube from a Channel that I subscribe to and another for the Turtle Wax Graphene Infused Flex Wax.

Here's a list of what I'm going to be applying as the week goes by, after I clay bar and do a light polish on the finish...
  1. Turtle Wax 75th Birthday Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax (Used as the Base Coat - Application will be a single coat of this.)
  2. Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax - 2-Coats of this initially w/24 hours cure for each. (Used as a Topper and Maintenance Product.)
Here's the Lil' Twister after wax stripping and drying...the rinse water showed sheeting rather than beading after this. The wax was removed completely and as a result the drying towels dragged on the raw paint finish and did not glide like they normally would.
View attachment 273944

Here are the products that I am using with my paint protection upgrade project...
View attachment 273945 View attachment 273946 View attachment 273947

#20 ·
Below is a pic I pulled from a RAM forum that was posted yesterday. The owner used the same Graphene product on his truck. Taken after rainstorm.

View attachment 279567
Beads are nice and tight but personally I would prefer more sheeting. The more beads the more chances of water spots.

#21 ·
I agree that could be an issue but my experience with synthetic coating is that you can easily take a hose without an attachment and run water over the surface to "wash away" the beading and then dry it off. But what a pain to have to do that.

That person who owns that RAM may not have prepared that surface correctly and took short cuts before applying that Graphene. Wash, clay bar, and polish. Then apply the Graphene or other surface protection.

#22 ·
I agree that could be an issue but my experience with synthetic coating is that you can easily take a hose without an attachment and run water over the surface to "wash away" the beading and then dry it off. But what a pain to have to do that.

That person who owns that RAM may not have prepared that surface before applying that Graphene. Wash, clay bar, and polish. Then apply the Graphene or other surface protection.
Yup, prep is the key.

#24 ·
A leaf blower makes fast work of any residual water that doesn't initially run off a graphene coated finish - touchless drying for the most part. That's what I use..

#25 ·
That is great if your humidity is not in the single digits. Even using a leaf blower the time it takes to get around the car you will have water spots. I wipe them off with a slightly moist microfiber towel.

#28 ·
I suppose I'm old school, but I'm happy and just stick to my good ol' carnauba wax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.