Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm 'forum illiterate', but I can't seem to find a how to on installing the 11' 392 front spoiler. I don't want to start a project I can't finish. I bought the front spoiler from the dealership last week and bought the left and right fillers yesterday. (I have no idea what they are for or how they go on)
Mopar guy was no help, he was more clueless than I was.
I'm not seeing too much information on how the three pieces come together.
I did not buy the belly pan or anything, since its not for performance. I'm installing it on my 2010 SE, if that helps.

The only info I found was a video, but its installing the regular SRT front spoiler on an RT.

I'm sorry if this has been posted, I tried searching and didn't find what I was looking for, I just really don't want to go into this blind.

·
RELIVN
301 Posts
I did this on mine and if I remember correctly you have to purchase the belly pan for the SRT. The R/T or S/E will require purchasing the belly pan separately. It has to do with the bolt/screw placement.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed one on my 2014 last weekend I think the 2010 and older are a little different because of the lower grille. I found it easier to remove the bumper cover its easy to remove but you may be able to just take the chin spoiler off by itself on the older cars. I didn't replace the lower splash shield with the srt one and it fit fine.. A plastic rivet gun was required for my install. 2011 and up the lower grille is part of the chin spoilers plastic reinforcement so it has to be removed because it sandwiches the chin spoiler between the bumper cover and the reinforcement and its impossible to do on the car... :smileup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed it last sunday with no info, only modification I did to it was drill three holes into the the bottom of it due to almost none of the holes lined up. I will say it was a PIA to take off and put back on, I don't think i ever want to do that again lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe I'm 'forum illiterate', but I can't seem to find a how to on installing the 11' 392 front spoiler. I don't want to start a project I can't finish. I bought the front spoiler from the dealership last week and bought the left and right fillers yesterday. (I have no idea what they are for or how they go on)
Mopar guy was no help, he was more clueless than I was.
I'm not seeing too much information on how the three pieces come together.
I did not buy the belly pan or anything, since its not for performance. I'm installing it on my 2010 SE, if that helps.

The only info I found was a video, but its installing the regular SRT front spoiler on an RT.

I'm sorry if this has been posted, I tried searching and didn't find what I was looking for, I just really don't want to go into this blind.
I'm going through the same problem, replacing a damaged spoiler on a 2011SRT. Seems to be multiple parts to rivet together. I'll get the fender extensions tomorrow (or reuse the old ones, since they're not torn up). We'll see how it goes. The bumper facia is not attached yet, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Thank goodness for ForumZ, where all kinds of helpful info is available. Still waiting for my rivet gun from Harbor Freight to show up so I can finish this front end repair. Wen I'm done, I'll be the local expert on body repairs to Challenger front facia and fenders.
Joe V.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So just tobe clear, it is possible to do this conversion on a 2010 se?
I think I have it that the parts needed are
Srt belly pan 5030943aa
392 chin spoiler 68109837aa
L and R air duct connectors 68086605(4)aa (l and r)
L and R side fillers 68109838(9)aa (l and r)
Rivet gun
Hardware (hex screws, rivets, etc)
Only modification is to drill the holes into the belly pan so it lines up

Anything else. Also, will it work for the 2010 se???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@challengerteach
It worked for me, I have a 2010 SE. Since it's a v6, I doubt you are buying it for performance like me, so I didn't buy the air ducts or belly pan. I only bought the left and right side fillers and front spoiler.

Fit like a glove, only thing I had to do was drill two holes in the underside of the spoiler since the holes didn't match up in the middle.
You attach the side fillers with the rivets which doesn't make any sense as to why they are sold separate in the first place, should be a one piece instead of 3. I'm. It sure about the air duct connectors since I opted out of buying those.

In my opinion I would buy a few push pins just in case, when I was taking out the push pins 2 of them broke. Not a complete break, more of a when I put them back in, they felt like they were going to fall out at anytime.

Sorry for wall of text, I'm on my phone. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to help as much as I can.

·
Registered
84 Posts
@tonyzzz

Thanks for the info. Let me give you a little more background. My chin spolier broke off, and took part of my front belly pan with it. So if I go your route I could just buy a replacement se front belly pan and attach it to the 392 spoiler with a few new holes drilled (as well as the l and r fillers)? That would save some $$

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would assume so, I had the stock belly pan on when I installed my 392 front spoiler. All I did was drill 2 or 3 screws underneath since the holes didn't line up.
That's just me though.
Then again I hear so many different instructions about installing this thing, I just winged it with no instructions and it came out perfect. No 392 belly pan required.

If anyone else wants to chime in to prove me wrong or agree with me, I would like to hear what other people did.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
See if you can find the Black Chrome Grill Surround install doc (K6860991). If you google the doc number you'll get a link to the PDF at Jeg's. That doc has step by step instructions for getting the front fascia off so you can replace the chin spoiler. It's pretty simple to see how the spolier pieces go together once you take it all apart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts