Dodge Challenger Forum banner

392 Procharger install & Dyno

50K views 83 replies 29 participants last post by  winjury 
#1 ·
After 2 months of waiting my Procharger finally came in and I dropped my car off at the shop. We did two dyno runs to see what we are starting with and had a best SAE corrected 422HP/417.6TQ. The only mods I have are 85mm TB, 180 thermostat, Airraid CAI and Zoomers Catback. I will post updates as I get them and the final dyno results.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Are you tuning for the water meth?
I am having him tune the water/meth as a safety feature more than a power adder. My guy still thinks there is plenty of safe power to be squeezed out the tuning without having to run on the ragged edge.

#11 ·
I am having him tune the water/meth as a safety feature more than a power adder. My guy still thinks there is plenty of safe power to be squeezed out the tuning without having to run on the ragged edge.
I hope they cut that roof off correctly with all that new power going in. Dodge makes a pretty weak car when it comes to torque twist, I twisted my R/T around 8000 miles, it showed up in my driver's door fit and cracked my windsheild, the dealer would do nothing about it, granted the car was driven hard and it was a 6 speed but it had a roof. your car looks beautiful but you might want to call the company that did the conversion and run it by them before something happens and they and chrysler tell you to pound sand.

#13 ·
I hope they cut that roof off correctly with all that new power going in. Dodge makes a pretty weak car when it comes to torque twist, I twisted my R/T around 8000 miles, it showed up in my driver's door fit and cracked my windsheild, the dealer would do nothing about it, granted the car was driven hard and it was a 6 speed but it had a roof. your car looks beautiful but you might want to call the company that did the conversion and run it by them before something happens and they and chrysler tell you to pound sand.
It was converted by Newport Convertible Engineering in CA and they welded in extra bracing underneath the car and welded in a rear strut tower brace. It is a DOT approved conversion so i think it will be fine. I have an automatic so launching will be less chaotic than with a stick and should cause less stress on the frame. It's definitely something I thought about before pursuing the supercharger.

#14 ·
Which water/meth kit are you using. I am considering doing the same.
My car guy said he has had really good performance with the AEM kits so that is what I went with. I decided on the 1 gallon reservoir and it will be mounted in the trunk. I also sprung for the fail-safe which will tell me if there are any issues with the system. They have a 5 gallon but that seemed a little overkill and I didn't want the added weight.

#17 ·
There is a good chance the install will be complete by end of today. I dropped by yesterday and they were wrapping up last minute gauge installs, still needed to install the flowmaster and finish the water/meth install. The new spark plugs had to be special ordered and come in today which should be the final piece. Then its just dialing everything in. Here is the latest pic of the engine bay. It's a nice clean install and looks good. The location of the air filter is not ideal but there is no room anywhere else. Also, if you order a Procharger, make sure you tell them if you have an aftermarket strut tower brace. If you do, they send you a small air filter.

Attachments

Reactions: ply67cuda
#21 ·
Please keep us updated on actual gains and if a 0-150 run and 1/4 mile times. I'm really interested in what this procharger can do. I'm on the fence but I want to make sure if I supercharge its capable beating a new 2013 M5.

I join this forum just for this thread lol...no one else is supercharing their 392 yet....

Why do you need special new spark plugs and what are the numbers and is that in the installation guide. I'm planning to do it myself and then getting it dyno so it run at 8PSI instead of the canned tune of 7PSI.

#22 ·
Please keep us updated on actual gains and if a 0-150 run and 1/4 mile times. I'm really interested in what this procharger can do. I'm on the fence but I want to make sure if I supercharge its capable beating a new 2013 M5.

I join this forum just for this thread lol...no one else is supercharing their 392 yet....

Why do you need special new spark plugs and what are the numbers and is that in the installation guide. I'm planning to do it myself and then getting it dyno so it run at 8PSI instead of the canned tune of 7PSI.
Procharger is gonna be the best on the 392. I know of a guy that has a P1SC running 7 psi, 2800 stall with a SHR Viking tranny, 3.73 gears that has run 11.065@121.

#23 ·
You need colder spark plugs because your burning more air and fuel under forced induction and that creates hotter temps in the combustion chamber. The colder plugs are designed to operate in those temps and give you consistent fuel ignition. This link may help you: http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=76375. I'd also recommend PMing Andy. He will take the time to answer question in terms the non-gear heads like myself understand.

#24 ·
My car is still at the shop, hopefully I get the call today that she is done. Here is the latest pic of the guage pillar with boost, wideband and alky flow guages installed. I have seen a few numbers posted from other 392s getting Procharged and the gain is looking very good. Most have been getting around 590 rwhp with Prochargers' conservative tune.

I will post up all numbers and pics as soon as I get them.

Attachments

#25 ·

Comparing a $90k BMW M5 against a $45k Challenger with a Procharger is really apples and oranges. But looking at the numbers on a bone stock M5 at the track I see a best 1/4 mile of 11.70...ish. I am hoping my car will do a little better and you should realize that my car is essentially stock besides the blower. I think you should get the Challenger and use the remaining $45k that you would save on buying the M5 to get a custom 426 twin turbo set up. Then take a look at the numbers!

#26 ·
It's completed and I watched my car put out 573 hp on the dyno yesterday. The tune that Procharger is sending out is ridiculously safe and has to be tuned quite a bit to get the power out of it. The first dyno run with the stock tune only put out 499 hp. My guy suggested breaking the blower in for the first 500 miles and then we will slowly make a few more changes to get the 590-600 we know it can safely put out. Also an important part of the water/meth isn't working correctly and a new part had to be ordered which is another reason we don't want to up the tune without the fail safe in place. I get her back today and will update with pics, video, and how she feels to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.