Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Got off work early this afternoon so I did a few hours and made some good progress. . . Oh, the guy who designed the passenger side engine mount with the 5" alternator brace bolt going through the hole your ne
ed to get to to undo 1 of the 4 bolts holding the engine to the mounts with only 2" of space to get it out is FU***ING FIRED BRO! 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Engineering

Gas Motor vehicle Machine Automotive tire Auto part

Attachments

Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
Why? You already blowing it with 8:1

Might as well screw the rod angle up even worse than it is now : )

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Might as well screw the rod angle up even worse than it is now : )
[/QUOTE]
How do you figure 6.125 rods are a screwed up rod angle? Didn't really make any sense being that pretty much every company that makes them makes them available in that length. You figure you know something about rods that callies, Molnar, Manley, k1 doesn't?馃槈

Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
We make them that length because we HAVE to鈥

Not because we want to.

Google - 鈥渄eck height鈥
Google - 鈥渞od length to stroke ratio鈥
Google - 鈥減iston speed鈥

Your motor didn鈥檛 quite have 1.75:1 rod angle stock but it was close. 1.74) It was way better than the 6.4 angle (1.66) (horrible imo)

With your 4.080 crank and yer 6.125 rod the ratio straight out SUCKS (1.50) lol. Might as well go 6鈥 rofl good luck

*Either way I hope it鈥檚 track only : )

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
We make them that length because we HAVE to鈥

Not because we want to.

Google - 鈥渄eck height鈥
Google - 鈥渞od length to stroke ratio鈥

Your motor didn鈥檛 quite have 1.75:1 rod angle stock but it was close. 1.74) It was way better than the 6.4 angle (1.66) (horrible imo)

With your 4.080 crank and yer 6.125 rod the ratio straight out SUCKS (1.50) lol. Might as well go 6鈥 rofl good luck. Either way I hope it鈥檚 track only : )
But they DO still make them. . . .
So it's not necessarily a death sentence to your motor. Just not ideal for long term longevity. Or redline hence the beefed up components beyond just regular forged. It's not a daily driver so getting 200k out of the motor isn't a concern. ( If you want to see inefficient your should see my damn truck lmfao) I'm a bit of a gearhead, I love custom cars, and barstool racing. the pointy of my build was never to do a rubber stamp proven motor builds. it was too build something unique and different that would get people talking. Maybe think outside the box a little bit. And I've clearly hit that mark. Imagine when the things actually in the car!
Btw my 27 year old stroker Dodge ram side everyone said would blow up 180k ago still starts first try. 馃槈
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

Premium Member
About 30 years ago, I built a BBC with a horrendous assortment of parts that netted 368 cubes. It had a K2 mountain power band. When it hit 3200 RPM, it pulled like a freight train and only 1800 RPM later, dropped off like a stone.
Last time I ever did that again. It was really annoying to drive that car.
-John

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
About 30 years ago, I built a BBC with a horrendous assortment of parts that netted 368 cubes. It had a K2 mountain power band. When it hit 3200 RPM, it pulled like a freight train and only 1800 RPM later, dropped off like a stone.
Last time I ever did that again. It was really annoying to drive that car.
-John
Holy crap! A BBC 368! What did it start of as? You had to have made it smaller right??? I know there were a few oddballs but the smallest BBC I thought was their 396. ( I'm assuming I'm wrong)

Premium Member
Holy crap! A BBC 368! What did it start of as? You had to have made it smaller right??? I know there were a few oddballs but the smallest BBC I thought was their 396. ( I'm assuming I'm wrong)
It started out as a 366 medium duty truck engine. Gen IV. Yes, its a real Big Block. It was also used in school buses. I think I also saw in a Wiki article a few years back they were also used in some police cars. And because it is a tall deck engine, I had to use spacers (Got them at Jegs) in order to use a performance type intake manifold. My main problem came from someone that gave me a cam with no history. He knew nothing about it either. "Here... put this in. it will work fine!" Right! 馃が
-John

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Lol
It started out as a 366 medium duty truck engine. Gen IV. Yes, its a real Big Block. It was also used in school buses. I think I also saw in a Wiki article a few years back they were also used in some police cars. And because it is a tall deck engine, I had to use spacers (Got them at Jegs) in order to use a performance type intake manifold. My main problem came from someone that gave me a cam with no history. He knew nothing about it either. "Here... put this in. it will work fine!" Right! 馃が
-John
Well technically it did "work" lol. Not well lol. Did you ever get a chance to put a cam in it? Or just sold it before you shot the damn thing?

Premium Member
Lol

Well technically it did "work" lol. Not well lol. Did you ever get a chance to put a cam in it? Or just sold it before you shot the damn thing?
It ended up in our Suburban about a year later. The perfect tow engine. It cannot ever be (I found out the hard way) a performance engine because the pistons are so heavy. When I bought the .010 over slugs, they too were a 4 ring job because nobody made a regular 3 ring piston for that block. Consequently, the crank was heavy too. Put about a zillion miles on the Suburban before it died of Maine cancer.
-John

Registered
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
It ended up in our Suburban about a year later. The perfect tow engine. It cannot ever be (I found out the hard way) a performance engine because the pistons are so heavy. When I bought the .010 over slugs, they too were a 4 ring job because nobody made a regular 3 ring piston for that block. Consequently, the crank was heavy too. Put about a zillion miles on the Suburban before it died of Maine cancer.
-John
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ "Maine cancer" lmao. . . Too bad performance rat rod school bus woulda been a real eye catcher!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts