Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eight days ago I order simple pair of half engine covers with NO cut outs. Just plain, un-painted, no finish etc. Ok coil pack covers as I have now learned from one of the new threads on this forum.

Eight days later, no parts, no tracking number, no email, no answer at the phone number listed, no return phone call. Eight days? Granted I am a little impatient, when I order stuff, I want it ASAP! Plain and simple. When I sell stuff I ship it THE DAY I receive the funds! Period! I then send the buyer the tracking number IMMEDIATELY!!!

These are simple, good business practices in my opinion. Now, if it is a custom part, custom paint or there is a reason for delay, then I as the customer and or seller expect a phone call! You know, pick up the phone and talk to someone. Remember how that works?

Ok, maybe I am being unreasonable by thinking I should have received a tracking number, return phone call or even the parts by now. I mean it's only been over a week!

What is your take on this?

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,021 Posts
Sounds like a typical customer experience with several of our site supporting vendors on the Z. Customer care doesn't seem to be a big concern here. I ordered a customized shift insert plate from in January, and I still haven't received my item. I just sent them an email asking for a status update. JMO, but a vendor should send updates without the action being initiated by the customer.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Best practices

I could not agree more! I hate ordering anything from anywhere. I'll pay a bit more to purchase something locally. The shipping charges these days are such that they border on fraud! Hate it!
Keep on CHALLENGING!:smileup:

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
I have ordered a bunch of underhood metal from 3G - three seperate orders over time. Looking back at my e-receipts, I only got an e-mail confirmation for my order. It seems they didn't send out any type of shiping notification or tracking info...but that was fine by me as I usually order my mods during the winter storage period so I wasn't in any hurry. I always received what I ordered. Always undamaged and got exactly what I ordered. Patience is a virtue my friend!!!
I don't think there is anything wrong with giving them a call to see what's up...have your order number handy and I'm sure they'll set your mind at ease.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, for one, I do not have any patience. Self admitted. When I ordered something I simply expect an email receipt with a tracking number plain and simple. I do not feel that I should have to follow up with an email or phone call etc. I did my part, I placed an order and trusted them to follow through on their end. Just seems like common sense and good business practice to me. To leave a customer hanging for what would be nine days after taking their money just seems a bit odd to me.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
However, I must say, I just added up all my mod expense and I am at almost 5k which includes the Shaker hood which is almost half that. All of the other items did arrive within just a few days of ordering, I received emails from EVERY vendor with tracking numbers etc.

The ONLY other vendor issue I have had was with an ebay vendor for the Drake pistol grip shifter. That vendor is in VA and they sat on my order for 5 days before shipping because they claimed to have had an ice storm that prevented them from shipping. Well, the ice must have also froze up their internet as well because in that five day window I did not receive an email letting me know about the delay.

So all in all everything else that I ordered showed up withing 3-5 days at most. In this day and age that should be the norm I would think. There is really no reason anyone should have to wait more than a week for something they buy unless it is a custom made piece!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Sorry for the troubles you're having. I actually had the opposite experience. Had an email from them the next day and the piece I ordered with the custom cutout within the same week. It always sucks to read bad customer experiences from businesses, hope everything turns out good for you!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I am sure it will turn out fine. And had they sent me a tracking number a week ago this would never have been an issue. Or, had they answered their phone or returned my call none of this would have happened. LOL

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think it is just that time of year. They are probably busy.

Over a month ago I ordered my half covers/coil pack covers with the HEMI R/T cutouts from 3gcustomz. I couldn't find the email messages we sent back and forth but basically they said to contact them if there were any problems.

They were very nice and helpful. I know you don't want to hear this part, but it seemed like I hardly blinked and they were delivered sitting on my porch. Maybe I wasn't all that excited about when I got them because I'm not going to do anything with them until the shaker is installed. I don't want them to be already painted and then have to modify them, and have to repaint them.

My only mistake was I pinched pennies (again) and got the steel covers instead of the aluminum ones.

Stay in touch with them. they seemed to be very customer oriented.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE:

Just opened up the 3g coil pack covers that I ordered. Ok, they may not have responded with my tracking info the way I had hoped, BUT, the quality of this product! WOW! To say that it's awesome is an understatement! Spectacular comes to mind!

I just wish there was a powder coating shop near by. I am going with metallic silver on the accessories under the hood as there is already a whole lot of Orange and black going on. So the coil pack covers and strut brace and strut covers and some other items will be painted silver metallic. I just primed the coil pack covers and have them hanging in the shop to dry over night.

Those covers are made from HEAVY gauge steel, ultra nice clean bends & welds. The grinds are super clean. There is nothing more I can say about these things other than awesome job and highly recommended!

·
Registered
589 Posts
UPDATE:

Just opened up the 3g coil pack covers that I ordered. Ok, they may not have responded with my tracking info the way I had hoped, BUT, the quality of this product! WOW! To say that it's awesome is an understatement! Spectacular comes to mind!

I just wish there was a powder coating shop near by. I am going with metallic silver on the accessories under the hood as there is already a whole lot of Orange and black going on. So the coil pack covers and strut brace and strut covers and some other items will be painted silver metallic. I just primed the coil pack covers and have them hanging in the shop to dry over night.

Those covers are made from HEAVY gauge steel, ultra nice clean bends & welds. The grinds are super clean. There is nothing more I can say about these things other than awesome job and highly recommended!
Glad everything worked out.... They sound nice... Got a picture?

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sometimes they do have to make this stuff. It's custom stuff. No sense on Makin something that's not gonna sell until it's sold
After I ordered I looked on their website and it did state that they had an over stock of the plain (no cut out) coil pack cover sets for the Challenger. So I do think that was the issue and if it had been a quick call or email would have solved the problem or prevented any issue right from the beginning. I am more than reasonable, I just don't like to be left hanging. I like communication. I owned my own business right out of HS as a general contractor and I was all about communication with my customers. It prevents a lot of potential issues right up front.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Here is my "plan" for my 3gcustomz coil covers. The only difference will be that the lines on top will be wider. Similar to the lines on the Mopar Performance valve covers. I was going to use wrinkle paint but I think I will go with a satin finish. Should be easier to keep clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
I went to the Doctor yesterday to have the "Power Port" removed from my chest (the entry port for when I was taking Chemo therapy) so I am off the rest of the week. I was thinking about throwing caution to the wind and going ahead and painting my covers, but it is raining, and I don't like to paint, stain, varnish, or whatever when the humidity is high.

Being inside . . . with a computer . . . and a credit card . . . is a dangerous thing! I've always said that if you want to stimulate the economy just give me a week day off from work . . . :smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glad to hear you are recovering well. My Mother is on the positive side of recovery from major lung cancer. Plus she beat colon cancer 20 years ago!

Anyway wish you the best!

As for stimulating the economy, well, I have certainly done my part and then some! My Petty's Garage front strut brace comes today and thinking about ordering the rear today! LOL

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Burnone...glad to hear you have the port out and I assume that means you are better!!!

2013HemiOrangeRT - can't wait to see some pics post install...those parts do like pretty damn sharp.

guess my whole pet peeve with this thread is the communication part. I understand that you might be busy or understaffed or whatever the case may be, but a little communication with the customer is never too much to ask in my opinion. Even an autoreply saying they are dealing with higher than normal work load or something would be better than nothing at all.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm good! Just have to do follow up visits for the next 3 or 4 years. It has been almost 1 year and they told me I'd be scrutinized for at lest 5 years before they turn me loose so . . . I have 4 more years to go.

All I need now (to be perfect) is to see some temperatures @ 70+ degrees, and to have the sun on my face . . . with no rain or wind!

Communication is a good thing unless it doesn't flow or we get mixed signals. Sometimes you just have to nudge people. I'm guilty of griping and not nudging most of the time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.