Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like Dodge is saying a pure stock 2015 Challenger 392 with 8-speed auto will perform these awesome drag strip times right off the showroom floor. Traction and half shafts have always been suspect on a stock car. Are the stock tires and half shafts on the pure stock car up to the task?

·
12,990 Posts
I would say with the stock tires it depends on how good of a bite you would get off the line, I don't see too much of a problem with the half shafts.

·
12,990 Posts
You should post in the newbie section and formally introduce yourself, there are lots of great people here and I'm sure you will get a warm welcome.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
You should post in the newbie section and formally introduce yourself, there are lots of great people here and I'm sure you will get a warm welcome.
Good advice !

As for the fly by question really ?? How many people have seen a 2015 less alone driven one ? ( note to self breath this isnt Yellow bulllet) once they actually start even producing them then guess what I guess they would know possible ? Very not that far off from current srt times.

·
12,990 Posts
Good advice !

As

for the fly by question really ?? How many people have seen a 2015 less alone driven one ? ( note to self breath this isnt Yellow bulllet) once they actually start even producing them then guess what I guess they would know possible ? Very not that far off from current srt times.
That's very true Kilo, only Dodge really knows for sure how these cars perform but then again they are making some pretty bold statements. The current SRT autos are very capable of putting down low 12's with a bit of traction, I saw that with my own eyes last week.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,741 Posts
Welcome from AZ to the OP.I think your question was answered well.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
As with anything Dodge, I will just wait and see what they really come out with. But I will continue to modify the Mistress till she is a 11 S car.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
A friend of mine with a stock 392 SRT hits mid 12s when we go to the track with factory tires, he hits a lot of 13s too lol

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Sounds like Dodge is saying a pure stock 2015 Challenger 392 with 8-speed auto will perform these awesome drag strip times right off the showroom floor. Traction and half shafts have always been suspect on a stock car. Are the stock tires and half shafts on the pure stock car up to the task?
Well my basically stock 2014 SRT Core with a set of drag radials and a 93 Diablo tune ran a best of 12.39 last Saturday and a bunch of 12.4's. So I would pretty much guarantee that the new 8 speed is going to match that or I would hope do a lot better.

I don't know the specks on the half shafts yet but if you look at some of the info that has been released you will see that the rear is now listed as aluminium and 230 mm as opposed to not aluminium and 226 mm's on the current SRT. So I'd say they did a bit of beefing up of the rear components.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. I checked in at the Newbie section. Glad to hear the rear section is being strengthened. The 2015 Challenger is starting to look really good!
Does a 2015 Core version make sense with all the R/T options?

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I checked in at the Newbie section. Glad to hear the rear section is being strengthened. The 2015 Challenger is starting to look really good!
Does a 2015 Core version make sense with all the R/T options?
It is my understanding that there isn't (at least currently) a Core listed as an option for 2015. I think the closest to that package will probably be the 6.4 Scat Pack R/T.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts