Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,195 Posts
Any updates on your build? What did I miss?

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,195 Posts
Things slowed a bit with the craziness out there. Having a custom CNC hi-ram intake made to get plenty of air in there.

Going in this Thurs. for a few suspension upgrades and see how the motor is looking on the engine stand :)
Nice!!! Please keep us updated!
(y)

Reactions: ArchGE

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just thought I’d throw in an update on this thread. Turned out my Hellaphant block was stolen from the shop. They’re not available any more so that build is down the tubes.

Going for a different plan of attack now. Getting on the boost train and installing an F1x Procharger. Since my original stroked 426 has a 13:1 compression, we’ll be selling that engine and starting from scratch. Will be needing to stay conservative on the HP for now. My weak link will be the HP70 trans. until I can save up for an HP90 swap or upgrade kit.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,195 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Hellaphant. That sucks!
Good luck with the new plans though!
(y)

Reactions: ArchGE

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8
4,316 Posts
Bummer. That crap happens. Stolen by someone that has been in the shop at one time or another. Guaranteed! :mad:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Went to the shop to visit my new block today. The original posted pics. were of a similar alum. block for reference but needed to show the actual block here. Good side-by-side against a cast iron block. Builder says he's already had offers higher than what I paid so am glad I put the coin down right away :) They call it a BG (big gas) aluminum block designed as a limited "track pack" release. Upgraded lifter sleeves and different angle on push rod locations. Many struct. reinforcing bits cast into the block also. Love the little SRT stamp on the front.

What do you guys think...leave it raw finish or paint it? I'm leaning to raw. Rarely if ever sees rain.

View attachment 191886 View attachment 191888 View attachment 191890
Went to the shop to visit my new block today. The original posted pics. were of a similar alum. block for reference but needed to show the actual block here. Good side-by-side against a cast iron block. Builder says he's already had offers higher than what I paid so am glad I put the coin down right away :) They call it a BG (big gas) aluminum block designed as a limited "track pack" release. Upgraded lifter sleeves and different angle on push rod locations. Many struct. reinforcing bits cast into the block also. Love the little SRT stamp on the front.

What do you guys think...leave it raw finish or paint it? I'm leaning to raw. Rarely if ever sees rain.

View attachment 191886 View attachment 191888 View attachment 191890
I would spray it with Clear. :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts