Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve already posted this in a couple other places so sorry for the repetition but wanted to put this in here for my “Z” peeps.

Going with this newly designed intake for the build and F1 Procharger (polished head unit).

Pretty pricey but what the heck. Have to pay to play :)

13.jpg
Intake.jpg

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,262 Posts
I’ve already posted this in a couple other places so sorry for the repetition but wanted to put this in here for my “Z” peeps.

Going with this newly designed intake for the build and F1 Procharger (polished head unit).

Pretty pricey but what the heck. Have to pay to play :)

View attachment 266499 View attachment 266500
That is truly trick. Do you still run the ProCharger intercooler? Gonna have to come up with something just as trick for valve covers now. Too bad BT quit making their billet ones.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That is truly trick. Do you still run the ProCharger intercooler? Gonna have to come up with something just as trick for valve covers now. Too bad BT quit making their billet ones.
The Procharger breathes directly to the throttle body now. Only need an air to water intercooler to cool the closed loop fluid from it to the intake intercooler. I had to go with Hellcat heads to fit the intake bolt pattern. Interesting how the air is forced up through the intercooler then back down to the heads. My engine builder was partially involved in the design of this unit and said the intercooler can take up to 2,000HP while still keeping intake temps. cool.

Also have a polished set of rocker covers coming. With the new intake, polished S.C. head unit and polished alternator, should be ready for some car show bling this summer :)

After seeing that thing is all solid billet CNC parts, I’m getting where the price is coming from.

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,262 Posts
The Procharger breathes directly to the throttle body now. Only need an air to water intercooler to cool the closed loop fluid from it to the intake intercooler. I had to go with Hellcat heads to fit the intake bolt pattern. Interesting how the air is forced up through the intercooler then back down to the heads. My engine builder was partially involved in the design of this unit and said the intercooler can take up to 2,000HP while still keeping intake temps. cool.

Also have a polished set of rocker covers coming. With the new intake, polished S.C. head unit and polished alternator, should be ready for some car show bling this summer :)

After seeing that thing is all solid billet CNC parts, I’m getting where the price is coming from.
Thought that might be the case. Stealthy! Aids in keeping coolant temps down as well. Hard to tell from the photos. Does this manifold have a provision for boost pressure regulation or are you just dependent on pulley size and RPM limitations? I'm assuming a high end rotating assembly as well so this motor may well be capable of an 8000 RPM redline. Now your 10lb pulley puts out a ton more than 10lbs at that level.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought that might be the case. Stealthy! Aids in keeping coolant temps down as well. Hard to tell from the photos. Does this manifold have a provision for boost pressure regulation or are you just dependent on pulley size and RPM limitations? I'm assuming a high end rotating assembly as well so this motor may well be capable of an 8000 RPM redline. Now your 10lb pulley puts out a ton more than 10lbs at that level.
Is that external cooling device still considered an intercooler or heat exchanger? How about radiator :) Anyway, I’m still learning about this thing and from what my engine builder insinuated, there should be a blow-off valve somewhere between the Procharger and throttle body I think. I keep getting educated daily.

I have to keep boost tame for now as I’m doing this build on my SRT392 and trying to pamper the HP70 along as far as possible before having to pony up for trans. upgrades.

·
Registered
2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch, BMR susp., Belanger Headers, Lowered
567 Posts
at this level an $$ hope the included a replaceable burst panel :)

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,262 Posts
at this level an $$ hope the included a replaceable burst panel :)
Not necessary for this application as there are a whole lot less dramatic protections for excess boost available. Pop-off valves to gradually bleed off your desired dialed in max boost pressure are fairly cheap insurance and reliable as well .

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,477 Posts
Funny... I just saw one of these this past week at Allpar Garage.. the guys that just did my upgrades... it was a real nice looking piece for sure!! Very Sharp!!!

Reactions: ArchGE

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
BT’s were awesome but they were $770.00 per pair. ThT was just too much go fast money to throw at valve covers

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,262 Posts
BT’s were awesome but they were $770.00 per pair. ThT was just too much go fast money to throw at valve covers
Yeah, pretty spendy alright but very cool indeed. Think I heard that they will still do them one off if you call them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts