Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this car in central Illinois parked in a business lot in the employee section so I had to drive over and check it out. It is an SRT8 according to the tail spoiler emblem. Is this number the horsepower? I'm guessing not the engine size unless the owner had another motor installed. Isn't that cubic inches of the infamous hemi from the muscle car era? They sure are proud of that number!

Sorry for the haziness of the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Its difficult to say for certain. Modern day custom built Hemis could be 426ci and more.

It may be the owners parking space number.

Regardless it does not look all that straight and its a bit too large IMO.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Looks like it could be a slap-on decal for drag racing at a sanctioned event.

It's too big, the placement is wrong, and font is a little too boring to be much else.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,615 Posts
The 426 is available from various suppliers including Mopar.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
There are actually a lot of 426 stroker motors out there, if you poke around the performance area's in the various vendor sections you will see them. PWR makes one, as does Arrington and HHP. They are usually built on a 6.1 or 6.4 Hemi.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
If that is meant to be a representation of the engine I personally don't like it cosmetically.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I think he's trying to trick people into thinking he has a 426 Hemi in his Challenger. People do some weird things to try and make their cars look scary to the competition. Case in point is this Challenger SXT I saw in a parking lot the other day. I took a few quick pictures of it as the guy was getting in the car. I thought okay, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he replaced the engine, but then he started it and it was the 3.6L engine. The numbers on the side of the fender say 360. I just had to laugh, but to each their own.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts