Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger T/A 5.7L A/T
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to my local dealer to check out the 21 Scat Pack 6MT on the lot. I've always loved the exhaust note on our 19 T/A 8AT (stock) but when I drove the Scat I immediately noticed the exhaust tone was not as prevalent on the Scat, even with the "sport" mode turned off the 5.7 sounded deeper. Is it because of the MDS and CAI on the AT or is the exhaust system just different on a T/A?

·
Registered
651 Posts
The 5.7 HEMI has that old-school sound, for sure. My 2020 R/T 50 has 2.75" exhaust, same as the 392 R/T. From what I've seen, the only vehicles that come from the factory with a CAI is the Shaker and T/A.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have a T/A 5.7 and without question, it sounds much meaner and deeper than the older 5.7's. As stated it now has the 2.75" active exhaust which I can bypass in sport mode as well as turn off MDS 100%. The CAI may also help. I got the T/A because it has stuff not offered on other models. I would recommend you take a hard look at the 8 speed auto. This ain't the old auto that manuals would kill in the 1/4 mile. Put the car in Sport mode and the car upshifts at a higher RPM and it downshifts like a manual when coming to a stop. It's a blast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts