Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just walked out with my 5.7l Challenger T/A PLUS yesterday. Already I am thinking of what I can do to make it a better ride. Not necessarily concerned about speed...sorry guys looking more for DIY MODS that can increase the longevity of my powertrain, smoothness of the ride and yes even if its only by 1 the mpg. So far the only thing ive heard of is an oil catch. More help please!!! Almost forgot tips in general on how to take care of her please. For instance ive never had a car I cared about the paint job for until now. Any lessons learned of does and donts? What fuel should I use? 89 okay?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,367 Posts
Just walked out with my 5.7l Challenger T/A PLUS yesterday. Already I am thinking of what I can do to make it a better ride. Not necessarily concerned about speed...sorry guys looking more for DIY MODS that can increase the longevity of my powertrain, smoothness of the ride and yes even if its only by 1 the mpg. So far the only thing ive heard of is an oil catch. More help please!!! Almost forgot tips in general on how to take care of her please. For instance ive never had a car I cared about the paint job for until now. Any lessons learned of does and donts? What fuel should I use? 89 okay?
You list it as a 6speed, you need to use 91 or higher as per the manual, 89 is for the automatics.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,367 Posts
Okay so the manual needs 91 got it. Thank you! Already one thing I know more now than when I started
Visit the washing waxing section for care of the paint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from the Eastern Panhandle of WV!
Thank you! And my what a beautiful Scat Pak you have there. I wanted my T/A in gomango orange originally but Yellowjacket is all I could get my hands on. Didn't want to wait too long and miss my opportunity to get one all together! My dealer told me they aren't making anymore T/A's in 2019

·
Business
20,597 Posts
Thank you! And my what a beautiful Scat Pak you have there. I wanted my T/A in gomango orange originally but Yellowjacket is all I could get my hands on. Didn't want to wait too long and miss my opportunity to get one all together! My dealer told me they aren't making anymore T/A's in 2019
Hard to beat yellow and black. Awesome looking T/A!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Much appreciated! Looking forward to getting to know the Challenger community. Im also a MGB ROADSTER owner and those guys do car meets every now and again. I can only imagine Challenger meets being more awesome

·
What's Old is New Again!
36,747 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
They see me rollin...
1,276 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Pennsylvania! Enjoy the Site!

·
Registered
22,226 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SW South Dakota! There is a lot of useful information on this site. As mentioned above, go to the car care section on the home page. You will learn a lot!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts