Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first time on this forum. I purchased a cold air induction kit for a 2010 Challenger but it turns out it's for a 2005-2009 5.7 Challenger and since I waited beyond 30 days, the dealer will not take the cold air kit back.

Can anyone tell me if I can use the 2005-2009 cold air kit on a 2010 Challenger? What are the differences?

Thanks!

Jerry

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
09 R/T should be the same as a 10 R/T didn't think there was any difference...

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the Z. As a reminder if you haven't already posted a Hello in the Newbie section of the Z why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself there.
You say you have 2010 Challenger? You did not fill in the criteria in the top right corner of the page stating what type of Challenger you own such as SE, SXT, R/T, R/T Classic. Since you state that you have the 5.7 then I will say you have the R/T. If the Cold Air Kit fits 2005 to 2009 then there is virtually no difference from 2009 to 2010 when it comes to the R/T model. Also if the CAI is for a Charger from 2005 to 2009 my understanding is some members have used the MOPAR CAI kit that fits the Charger on their Challengers because the tube is smooth. Once again your info is a little vague since from 2005 to until early 2009 the R/T Challenegr hadn't come out yet. I don't know if I helped at all. Lou.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again,

Thanks for the quick response. The car is a 2010 challenger R/T (actually my wife's car). Plum crazy, stick with black interior. The kit came with instructions for the 2005-2009 Charger and based on the responses it sounds like the kit should work. The photos were different in the instructions which threw me off. I will get a part number when I get back home next week. I will go on the newbie sight and make the intro. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the follow on to this post- the instruction sheet shows that the cold air induction system is part # 77060003AC and it is for a 2006-2009 Dodge Charger 5.7 and a 2009 challenger. Will this kit also work for a 2010 Challenger RT?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts