Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My hellcat had the same problem, all I did was open the fuse cover and push every fuse down even though they were not loose and the fan worked no problem. I would think it has to be the fan because the water was boiling.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Ok so idled it for half hour or so. Cap tight,fuses pushed in, fan working properly. Running well until half hour in jumps to this and then I turned it off. What possibly could this be? Maybe not enough coolant? Air in the system? I guess I'm forced to go to dealer but wtf.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hate to bring up an old thread but I’m in the same position with my new 2020 scat pack.I only have 1800 miles on the car and coolant spilled all over the engine bay and steam out the hood.
I immediately took the car back to the dealership and demanded a loaner can
Until this issue is resolved.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,094 Posts
I hate to bring up an old thread but I’m in the same position with my new 2020 scat pack.I only have 1800 miles on the car and coolant spilled all over the engine bay and steam out the hood.
I immediately took the car back to the dealership and demanded a loaner can
Until this issue is resolved.
So sorry about that. One thing you must watch for is damage to your paint. Did it get on the paint on the hood? I have a friend who had problems with his Ford truck spilling coolant, and it got on his paint, did considerable damage. Be sure to check on that. Hope you get this resolved quickly.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL
21 - 25 of 25 Posts