Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 50th Anniversary Gold Rush is almost complete. If you ordered a Gold Rush, it should be in at least in G status (trim) or better. (You can find all of the status letters below.) I also have information from a Chrysler insider about what happened!

According to my source, aside from the china virus, what took so long was the Paint! Dodge was using 3 different manufacturers for their gold rush paint. This in turn caused each gold paint part produced to have a slight different shade. One was more like a puke yellow, another was like a gold ring etc... Notice how every real photo we see online is slightly different tint of gold from the next?

Well dodge finally fixed the problem, went with one manufacturer, and got the paint right where they want it.

Put your minds at ease because your Gold Rush is on its way (y) I will be posting pictures as soon as I get mine.
  • C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
  • D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
  • D1: Gate line schedule - scheduled to be built
  • E: Frame
  • F: Paint
  • G: Trim
  • I: Built not ok'd
  • J: Built ok'd
  • JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
  • JE: Emission check
  • JS: Shipped to storage
  • KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
  • KZL: Released - not shipped
  • KZM: First rail departure
  • KZN: First rail arrival
  • KZO: Delayed/received
  • KZOA: Plant holds
  • KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
  • KZOC: Carrier delays
  • KZOD: Carrier holds
  • KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
  • KZOF: Show/test vehicle
  • KZOG: Damaged vehicle
  • KZOH: All other reasons
  • KZT: Second rail departure
  • KZU: Second rail arrival
  • KZX: Delivered to dealer
  • ZA: Canceled

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah, this color has taken way too long to come out....I was excited about, then I moved on lol
Best of luck brother, I am sure it will be beautiful!!!

Reactions: Gold_Rush_45

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
975 Posts
If your insider is correct concerning an only recent approval of the paint code, an interesting thought comes up. The 2020 final order due date has already passed and the 2021 production startup date is 9 Nov. Considering that this has been billed as a one year only color, the number of 50th Anniversary cars in Gold Rush is likely going to very low for every model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your insider is correct concerning an only recent approval of the paint code, an interesting thought comes up. The 2020 final order due date has already passed and the 2021 production startup date is 9 Nov. Considering that this has been billed as a one year only color, the number of 50th Anniversary cars in Gold Rush is likely going to very low for every model.
Yes exactly. 280 to be exact. 70 of each: Scat Pack WB, Scat Pack , R/T, and GT.

It is well worth the wait because of the rarity. I also heard from the insider that they only made 6 Scat Pack WB Gold Rush units with a standard 6-speed transmission.. in which I have 1 of those coming in.

The Gold Rush color will never be replicated and is only made for the 50th Anniversary edition unlike the colors like mango, F8, etc..

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
975 Posts
Yes exactly. 280 to be exact. 70 of each: Scat Pack WB, Scat Pack , R/T, and GT.

It is well worth the wait because of the rarity. I also heard from the insider that they only made 6 Scat Pack WB Gold Rush units with a standard 6-speed transmission.. in which I have 1 of those coming in.

The Gold Rush color will never be replicated and is only made for the 50th Anniversary edition unlike the colors like mango, F8, etc..
Possibly even fewer. No doubt that there were corporate builds scheduled and whatever that number is will already have to hold build status. The same holds true for the number of individual orders, such as yours, as well as dealer orders.

Just for grins, I did a 250 mile radius search of every major metropolitan area in the US for just Gold Rush orders and the results were interesting to say the least. Florida and Southern California have the most with 14 each. Surprisingly, New York, Chicago and the Pacific Northwest along with a few other areas to include the majority of Northern States have none. The rest of the country have onesies and twosies here and there up to a total of 6 and all are listed as "in transit".

Possibly they make their target number but it seems a bit sketchy at this point. In the past, special editions have been known to surpass their announced build numbers but that seems unlikely to occur with this one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pick my Scat Pack up next week. Reserved her last week. Called the dealer about 2 other Scat Packs they had on their website. They had a generic picture of a yellow Challenger so i was not really interested. They had sold the other 2 so he told me about this one. I said but it is yellow and he said it was Gold Rush. I read about the 50th Gold Rush exclusives and asked him if he was sure that was right. He looked up the window sticker and figured out it was a 50th Anniversary Edition. I told him to please thank his website admin for me.

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
975 Posts
Pick my Scat Pack up next week. Reserved her last week. Called the dealer about 2 other Scat Packs they had on their website. They had a generic picture of a yellow Challenger so i was not really interested. They had sold the other 2 so he told me about this one. I said but it is yellow and he said it was Gold Rush. I read about the 50th Gold Rush exclusives and asked him if he was sure that was right. He looked up the window sticker and figured out it was a 50th Anniversary Edition. I told him to please thank his website admin for me.
If you would like, we can check to make sure that the car that you have reserved is what you think it is. Did they give you the VIN number?

·
Dazed & Confused
36,437 Posts
They had an issue with paint (1 color I believe) way back when the Fukushima plant in China melted down. The paint source was inside the closed off area so it shut them down for a while.

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
975 Posts
Yup...Exactly as advertised and 1 of only 2 dealer orders from the DFW area...yours at Meador and the other one going to Patterson. May not have arrived yet as it's still listed as "in transit". Congrats and looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yup...Exactly as advertised and 1 of only 2 dealer orders from the DFW area...yours at Meador and the other one going to Patterson. May not have arrived yet as it's still listed as "in transit". Congrats and looking forward to pics!
Thank you for the info.

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
975 Posts
Quite welcome. Wish I could give you a bit more info on its status. Dodge used to have a vehicle tracking system in the contents of their website but it was removed some time ago without explanation. My guess, based upon what I've been able to gather over the course of the previous couple of days, is that it probably is in a similar build status as that of the OP so a 2 week delivery may be just a bit optimistic. When you get the call that it's in, whatever the time frame, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
463 Posts
:unsure: Three different manufacturers for one shade? As someone with GU production experience (Ford Motor), this is the first time I've heard of such a thing. Of all the Gold Rush Challenger's I've seen, the color is uniform. I don't know, man... I think you may be the recipient of misinformation.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The had one on the dealer showroom floor the other day when the wife and I stopped by to do some serious two-on-one with the GM. Let's just say she wasn't fond of the color..in fact she described it rather unflattering...have to say not my choice either but each their own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:unsure: Three different manufacturers for one shade? As someone with GU production experience (Ford Motor), this is the first time I've heard of such a thing. Of all the Gold Rush Challenger's I've seen, the color is uniform. I don't know, man... I think you may be the recipient of misinformation.
They had problems matching people in the plant said, was delayed for a while because of covid/ paint but mine is good. They solved the problem

1 - 20 of 21 Posts